Carsebuie - Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland - Sleeps 8+2
Carsebuie is an enchanting old farm steading now available as a perfect holiday retreat in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Guests love the tranquility of the setting on the fringe of the Galloway Forest Park. Carsebuie has been fully updated to provide all the modern comforts you may need on holiday.
Whilst the cottage is cosy and romantic enough for couples, it is far more spacious than it looks and the original accommodation has been carefully and cleverly extended to comfortably accommodate eight to ten guests.
From the cottage you can enjoy views over surrounding farmland to the distant hills beyond. The birdsong is music to your ears, and it is a real delight to see the red squirrels that frequent the rambling cottage garden which is divided by moss covered stone walls and rustic fences. There is colour pretty much all year round, and plenty to do for guests of every age.
The cottage is far enough away to offer total seclusion yet near enough to the town of Newton Stewart should you want to visit a leisure centre with gym and swimming pool, a tennis court, three supermarkets, a cinema, a delicatessen, a chemist, numerous cafes and restaurants, banks or pick up a take away. For those who enjoy being by the sea, sandy beaches at Sandhead, Garlieston, Luce Bay and Port William can be found less than thirty minute drive away.
The area is very good for mountain biking of all levels, where you can enjoy the Kirroughtree forest and the famous ‘7 Stanes' - over 400km of trails, spread across 7 trail centres from Glentress to Glentrool. Hire bikes can also be delivered to your cottage. Fly fishing permits are available on various nearby rivers and lochs and sea fishing trips from Stranraer, Cairnryan and Port Patrick can be arranged. Golfers can choose from thirty excellent golf courses including links.
Outdoor pursuits are plentiful and include: Horse riding, shooting, golfing, fishing, off road and tank driving, mountain biking, hill walking, sailing, wind surfing and nature watching. Tennis and bowling courts are found in most of the villages and towns in the area.
Places to visit include: Light houses; ancient monuments including stone circles and castles; antique and art galleries; gardens and tea rooms; various museums including gem rock museum and dolls house museum; ice cream maker; cheese maker; adventure playground; open farms and wildlife parks.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Accommodation sleeps up to 10 (8+2) and comprises:
- Entrance hall.
- Conservatory leading to the kitchen, living room, courtyard and garden terrace.
- Spacious comfortable living room which overlooks the courtyard and garden and offers lovely views across open farmland to the hills. It also benefits from a wood burner, TV/DVD, radio, CD player and double sofa bed.
- Dining kitchen which seats up to 10 and is well equipped with fridge freezer and washing machine.
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, wash basin and WC.
- Wet room (also on the ground floor) with shower, WC and hand basin.
- Two ground floor bedrooms - one with two single beds and one double room.
- Two upstairs bedrooms - one twin and one with zip and link beds which can be used as a twin or 6ft double room.
- Separate upstairs WC with wash basin.
- Games room with table tennis.
- Small private gym including a concept 2 rowing machine and Lance Armstrong static bike.
Additional information: Fishing tackle and bike shed available; barbeque and garden furniture provided; children welcome; pets welcome by arrangement; broadband provided; Nearest airport - Glasgow Prestwick (1¾ hrs by car), Glasgow International (2¼ hrs), Newcastle (3 hrs); Nearest train station - Barhill (30 mins by car), Dumfries (1 hr), Carlisle (2 hrs); short breaks may be available - enquire with owner.
Low Season from £864
Mid Season from £1064
High Season from £1197
Peak Season £1330
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8+2 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Twins, 2 Doubles + a sofa bed in the living rm)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Alex Walter, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Carsebuie joined Independent Cottages in April 2008
Owner's Other Properties
* Beautiful scenery and hill walking * 7Stanes mountain biking. * Galloway Dark Skies - telescope on site for star gazing. * Wigtown Book town nearby. * Discount for couples and smaller groups.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 11th June 2017
Approximate Location of Carsebuie
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book