Valley View - Milldale, Alstonfield, Staffordshire, The Peak District, England - Sleeps 13+2
Valley View is a spacious, detached holiday house sleeping up to fifteen guests, located in the lovely Staffordshire hamlet of Milldale in Dovedale within the Peak District National Park. With a separate annex providing additional living and sleeping space, Valley View is a superb choice for large groups of friends or family wanting to holiday together or celebrate a special occasion. Up to four dogs are also welcome, so no need to leave your four legged friends at home.
Located within a fifteen minute walk from the village of Alstonfield (with excellent pub) and close to the market town of Ashbourne with a good selection of local shops, you have a good range of amenities nearby. Alton Towers is also within easy reach by car (just thirty minutes) for a fun day out for the whole family (especially the little ones!).
Fantastic walks can be enjoyed from the front door with something suitable for all energy levels and walking abilities. The River Dove runs within one hundred yards of Valley View offering the opportunity of enjoying wonderful riverside walks. Bring your bikes (or hire them locally) and explore the lanes and tracks, or ride along the Tissington Trail (secure bike storage is provided). Climb the rocks, cliffs and investigate the caves of Bereford Dale or scramble up Thor's Cave - the opportunities for outdoor pursuits are endless!
Valley View provides the perfect retreat for enjoying a taste of country life and the freedom it brings. It is also a superb base from which to explore the areas many attractions. Explore beautiful Dovedale which attracts walkers from all over the country or delve further into the Manifold Valley with its river running through and excellent walking and cycling opportunities. Head to the market town of Ashbourne; the picture postcard village of Tissington; the unspoilt town of Leek renowned for its markets (including a fantastic food market); or the major village of Hartington which has been of significance since the middle ages.
Alternatively, stay put and relax whilst enjoying the beautiful surrounding views from Valley View - one of the most stunning locations in the Peak District!
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Valley View Continued
- Spacious lounge with log burning stove (unlimited logs provided), corner sofa seating nine plus two chairs (additional chairs can be brought in from the dining room to accommodate thirteen plus around the fire/surround sound television with full sky package and Blue Ray player). A door leads into the large reception hall with cosy corner for quiet reading and also into the...
- Dining room with table and seating for fourteen - the perfect place for enjoying supper or a celebratory meal with friends and family.
- Kitchen fitted with flagstone floor, cream shaker style units, table and six chairs (plus high chair), dishwasher, electric cooker with six ring hob/extractor over, microwave, large fridge with freezer and fireplace with calor gas stove.
- Utility room with Belfast sink, worktop, washing machine, condenser dryer, space for coats and boots plus additional fridge.
- Bathroom with electric Mira shower above the bath, wash basin, WC and stone floor.
- Secondary landing is accessed from the hallway with staircase leading up to bedroom four and five (which have easy access to the downstairs bathroom.
- Flexible triple bedroom with beds that can be either made up as three singles or one king-size bed plus an additional single bed by arrangement. There is plenty of room for storage in eaves with lots of hanging space plus a chest of drawers. The roof light with fitted blind provides lovely valley views.
- Bedroom two offers a flexible sleeping arrangement with two single beds that can be zipped together to form a king-size bed. There is a cot in this room, along with a large built in wardrobe, chest of drawers and roof light with fitted blind and more of those lovely valley views!
- Bedroom three also offers a choice of either two single beds or a king-size bed if zipped together. A free standing wardrobe provides hanging space and there is additional storage in a chest of drawers in the hall, just outside the bedroom door. The window provides views over the rear garden and fields.
- Bedroom four is a double with wardrobe, chest of drawers and rear window.
- Bedroom five is a twin with two single beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers and roof light with fitted blind and valley views.
- Family bathroom with free standing bath, separate shower cubicle with electric shower, wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
Separate Annex: Accessed from the back of the house through the rear garden, the annex has its own separate entrance and offers a lobby area; living room with double sofa bed plus well equipped kitchen area upstairs; double bedroom and bathroom with shower over bath, WC and wash basin on the ground floor. A perfect place to use as additional living space for those who want a quiet moment or as accommodation for part of the party providing a good degree of personal space and privacy. Included within the rental of the main house, the annex will not be rented separately.
Additional information: Duvets, linen, towels and table linen provided. Gas fired central heating, electricity and logs are included in the price. Fire guard, cot, stair gates and high chair provided. Short breaks available all year round starting from £997, even in peak school holiday seasons. Television has Sky channels inc Sky sports and Sky movies as well as BT sports channels, all in HD. Please note that Valley View is situated in a quiet rural hamlet and is suitable for a relaxing break in the country. It is not a party house and cannot cater for hen or stag parties.
Low Season from £1247
Mid Season from £1365
High Season from £1591
Peak Season £2153
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 13+2 people in 6 bedrooms (1 Family, 2 Kings/Twins, 2 Doubles, 1 Twin + Sofa bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Wendy Boast, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Valley View joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2013
Owner's Other Properties
We accept short breaks at Valley View from 2-4 nights event in Peak Seas
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th August 2017
Approximate Location of Valley View
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book