Fairfields - West Beckham, Holt, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 6-9
Fairfields can sleep up to nine guests in three/four bedrooms and is a spacious holiday home that provides the perfect base from which to explore North Norfolk's beautiful coastline and its many attractions. Sitting in the peaceful village of West Beckham on the outskirts of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Fairfields is just a couple of miles from the coast and perfect for a family (one or two) holiday by the sea at any time of the year.
For those who prefer to limit the use of the car whilst away, there are two pubs that you can walk to from Fairfields where you can get a good meal and pint of local ale, along with plenty of opportunities for cycling and walking. Sheringham Park (National Trust) with its stunning gardens is a short walk from Fairfields and there is also a swimming pool and spa at Kelling Heath Holiday Park which is nearby. Jump on your bike (or drive) to the traditional seaside town of Sheringham, brimming with independent shops, places for a meal out and supermarkets. It also has a fabulous Blue Flag sandy beach, indoor swimming pool with large slide and wave machine, the much loved 'Poppy Line' heritage steam railway (taking you to the market town of Holt) and an excellent links golf course for those who enjoy a game.
The Georgian Market town of Holt offers an excellent selection of galleries, shops selling antiques, clothes and gifts, and Bakers and Larners food hall. Slightly further afield, yet still within easy reach are the coastal Norfolk villages of Holkham and Brancaster, as well as the harbour town of Wells-next-the-Sea with its pretty colourful beach huts on the edge of a vast sandy beach. With such an impressive coastline, it is hardly surprising that Norfolk has been voted for having some of the world's best beaches!
Norfolk also has a busy events calendar during the warmer months with festivals and concerts to enjoy such a Blickling Hall for music lovers, the Carnival at Wells and Holt Festival to name just a few.
Whatever you desire, Fairfields is well located for enjoying the many attractions and places of interest that this lovely part of Norfolk has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Large open-plan living room which leads through to a dining area with table and seating for six to eight guests. French doors take you out to the rear garden and a log burner is perfect for cooler evenings. There is a smart television with Freesat and BluRay DVD player with iPlayer and Netflix for your favourite programmes and movies, as well as a toy box for the little ones.
- Additional 'snug' where you can sneak off for a quiet moment with a good book or watch television (smart TV with iPlayer and Netflix). This room can be used as a fourth bedroom as it has a day bed with pull out trundle that forms a king-size bed (or two singles) if required.
- Modern well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge/freezer, induction hob, double oven (with separate grill) and microwave oven (which can be used as an additional standard oven).
- Conservatory at the back of the property with dining table and sofa - a nice place for your morning coffee in the sunshine.
- Porch/boot room where you can leave coats and boots.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
First floor - all bedrooms have fabulous views over the surrounding Norfolk countryside.
- Master king-size bedroom with wardrobe, drawers, dressing table and en-suite including a walk in sauna shower, double sink and WC.
- Bunk bedroom which is good in size with wardrobe, drawers and dressing table.
- Smaller bunk bedroom with full size single beds and extra pull out trundle bed, plus drawers for clothes storage.
- Family bathroom with large walk in shower, bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The rear garden has outside seating and BBQ to allow you to enjoy alfresco dining during the warmer months. There is also a 'beach garden' to the front with trampoline and safety net, along with seating where you can catch the last of the sunshine at the end of the day. A secure area at the side of the property is lockable and ideal for storing bikes and outdoor gear. Parking for two cars at the front of Fairfields with no parking restrictions.
Additional facilities: Wireless broadband available for guests use. Bed linen provided but please bring your own towels. One dog welcome. A Saturday changeover is offered during July and August and Friday or Saturday during September with arrival from 4pm and departure by 11am. For those who are travelling via public transport, there is a bus service from West Beckham and Sheringham has a main line train station (twenty minutes on bike).
Low Season from £795
Mid Season from £945
High Season from £1225
Peak Season £1260
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6-9 people in 4 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Bunkbed Rm + Sofa Bed)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Mark & Freya Henderson, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Fairfields joined Independent Cottages in June 2016