Sunny Dene Cottage - Knapton, Mundesley, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 5+1
Sunny Dene Cottage can accommodate up to six guests (but five in comfort) and enjoys an idyllic position in the peaceful village of Knapton just a mile and a half from Mundesley. A true gem on the Norfolk coast, Mundesley has a glorious award winning sandy beach, pubs, cafes, a maritime museum and beautiful windmill. Offering all the right ingredients for a relaxing holiday, the cottage enjoys a quiet position with only the sound of bird song to wake you, yet it is within easy reach by car (or foot) of a host of amenities and attractions including one of Norfolk's finest beaches.
Once a farm building, Sunny Dene Cottage is as pretty inside as it is out, and has been lovingly presented by its owners to provide everything needed for a memorable relaxing holiday. The interior is quirky and quaint, offering a lovely mix of vintage blended with modern conveniences to ensure a high standard of comfort.
Perfect for families, friends and couples who appreciate a little extra space around them, the cottage is cosy with a log burner for winter breaks and a patio where you can soak up the countryside whilst alfresco dining. There are fabulous walks straight from the front door and quiet leafy lanes for those who enjoy cycling. Explore the Paston Way, tackle the Weaver's Way (accessible three miles away at North Walsham) or a ramble to the beach at Mundesley, Walcott or Bacton and stroll along the promenade with an ice cream or enjoy fish and chips as the sun sets. Let the little ones build sandcastles until their hearts are content on Mundesley's glorious beach; take a boat trip to see the seals at Blakeney Point or head to Cromer (with its magnificent pier) or Sheringham for some Edwardian seaside fun. For those who enjoy arts and crafts, Sunny Dene is surrounded by inspirational countryside which makes it ideal for a painting or a quilting holiday. There are quilting supply shops in the area and the garden room is perfect for creative activities.
Children will love a day at BeWilderwood or Wroxham Barns, and the Bure Valley Railway and National Trust properties of Sheringham Park and Felbrigg Hall and Blickling Hall provide pleasure for all ages. Browse the antique shops and boutiques in Holt, a Georgian town full of charm (and tea rooms!) or enjoy a long leisurely lunch in one of the many great pubs or restaurants with a particular favourite of the owners being the Vernon Arms in the village of Southrepps.
The choices are endless, whether you simply want to relax and soak up the tranquility or get out and about discovering Norfolk's many delights.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Sunny Dene Cottage Continued
- Open-plan living area which is spacious yet cosy providing the ideal place to relax at the end of the day with comfy seating set around the wood burning stove and television.
- Off the lounge is a garden room which has comfy seating for relaxing and dining table with six chairs where you can sit and enjoy supper looking over the picturesque countryside.
- Pretty galley style kitchen with cream units topped with hand-crafted ash worktops. Character features like the breakfast bar with stools made from tractor seats and a vintage dresser add to the charm, and are perfectly blended with modern conveniences including a dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, cooker and fridge/freezer.
- Ground floor double bedroom which is an 'internal' room but made separate from the living area by a pretty hand-made quilt curtain, offering a good degree of privacy.
- Shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Quaint king-size master bedroom beautifully presented with pretty Cath Kidston fabrics and a traditional iron bed.
- Single bedroom which the little ones will love with a real seaside vibe. An addition fold-up bed can be provided by prior arrangement for an additional child.
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, WC and wash basin.
Outside: There is a pretty garden at the front of the cottage with old flint wall, sunny patio and outdoor furniture where you can sit and enjoy alfresco dining. A drive provides off-road parking for one car with more available on the road if required.
Additional information: Unfortunately, no smoking and pets cannot be accepted. Children are most welcome but you will need to bring your own cot, high chair etc. Electricity, heating, logs/kindling for the fire and WiFi (suitable for emails and surfing the web but not streaming) are included in the price. Bed linen and fluffy towels are provided and beds are made up ready for your arrival. Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £650
Peak Season £800
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5+1 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Ground Floor Double, 1 King & 1 Single + fold-up bed)
Owner: Caroline Aldridge, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Sunny Dene Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2017
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th September 2017
Approximate Location of Sunny Dene Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book