Fellside Cottages - Dufton, Nr Penrith, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 30
Fellside Cottages are located in the picturesque, tranquil village of Dufton in the Eden Valley and provide an ideal venue for large groups of friends or families who want to holiday together or celebrate a special occasion. Sitting at the foot of the Pennines in Cumbria, Fellside Cottages can accommodate up to thirty guests in four properties, set around a courtyard and are ideal for those who enjoy outdoor activities with wonderful walks starting directly from the front door.
Conveniently located, the peaceful pretty village of Dufton has a traditional village green and pub and this beautiful conservation area is easily accessible from the M6 and A1 (via the A66). Simply relax in the garden and soak up the stunning scenery or take a leisurely stroll to the village pub for a pint or something to eat.
Alternatively, explore the areas many attractions. Within an hour's drive you have a "Via Ferratta" - an exciting way to get up a mountain; pony trekking; quad biking; paint balling; sailing; kayaking and "Go Ape" - a tree top playground for all ages with zip wires. Or for those wanting something a little more sedate, try your hand at a bread making course at a village bakery; take the little ones to an animal park; indulge yourself at an ice cream farm or sit back on a steam train and take in the scenery. Fellside Cottages are also within easy driving distance of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Hadrian's Wall and the Scottish Borders, making it an ideal base from which to explore the North West of England.
For those who want to stay closer to home and explore the beautiful surrounding area on foot or by bike, there are lovely walks (from a gentle stroll to a more challenging hike) and cycle routes into the Pennines from the front door. Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement and are sure to enjoy the lovely walks. Appleby-in-Westmorland is the closest market town for stocking up on provisions and offers a variety of shops including a top quality butchers and bakers. The nearest large town is Penrith which is just twelve miles away, offering all the usual amenities such as supermarkets, cinema and plenty of other shops.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Fellside Cottages Continued
Fellside Cottages offers four properties which each have their own unique character and charm (full details on each individual property can be seen by clicking the property advert link below). When rented together, large parties of up to thirty guests can be accommodated offering the opportunity for friends and family to take a break or longer holiday together, whilst enjoying a good degree of privacy and personal space.
The cottages are set around a courtyard and individually sleep from four to ten guests. The Dairy is a substantial bright and spacious holiday home that will comfortably accommodate ten guests in five bedrooms (four doubles and one twin bedroom). The Farmhouse is a large traditional Westmorland farmhouse sleeping eight in four bedrooms (two doubles and two twins). Sycamore House is also a characterful Westmorland farmhouse sleeping eight in four double bedrooms (one that converts into a twin) and Midtown Barn is the smallest and a listed barn conversion sleeping four guests in three bedrooms (a double and two singles).
- Properties are equipped and decorated to a high standard with plenty of traditional features.
- Lots of space for large groups to socialise whilst having individual properties for time apart and a quite moment.
- Facilities available for celebrations including a marquee and outside catering.
- Flexible arrival and departure days for short breaks which are offered outside school holidays (two night minimum).
- Provisional bookings can be accepted for up to seven days to allow you time to liaise with your party and finalise arrangements before confirmation.
- Formal dining for up to twenty can be accommodated in Sycamore House with sufficient cutlery, glasses, crockery, chairs and tables already placed in this property. All properties can accommodate thirty for more casual buffet dining and each has a spacious well equipped kitchen with more than enough room for group cooking. There is an outside BBQ area (covered) with Gas BBQ, and a marquee with tables, chairs and matching crockery/glasses/cutlery which can be hired for special occasions.
- Activity bookings can be arranged for the group locally with some local providers offering a guest discount.
- Fields surrounding the properties can be used for outdoor games.
- Freeview internet access available.
Additional information: Discounts may be offered for bookings longer than one week or for short notice (within four weeks of the intended stay). These discounts are only available by contacting the owners directly by phone or email. Towels provided. Pets welcome (up to three per property) by prior arrangement.
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 30 people in 16 bedrooms (4 properties set around a courtyard)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Yes
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Sue & Liam O’Halloran, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Fellside Cottages joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017