The Old Cob Barn - Yarnscombe, Nr Great Torrington, Devon, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 5+2
The Old Cob Barn sleeps up to five guests and offers peace and tranquillity. Set amidst the rolling countryside of unspoilt North Devon, looking across the valley onto green hillsides, white-spotted with frolicking lambs, this ancient cob barn has been converted to provide an excellent and very spacious living area. It also benefits from its own secluded courtyard garden and private parking area.
Ideally situated, just ten minutes from historic Great Torrington and fifteen minutes from Bideford, it is central for visiting the many beautiful coastal walks and sandy beaches in the area. Perfectly placed between Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks, there are plenty of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts and for garden lovers, RHS Rosemoor is just minutes away.
This beautiful part of Devon provides the opportunity to step back in time and rediscover England as it was many years ago. A place where you can relax and unwind, breathe clear fresh Atlantic air, feel the wind against your face and listen to the call of buzzards and the bleating of the lambs in the spring. Enjoy peaceful days at a relaxed pace and reward yourself with a Devonshire cream tea (one of the areas many treats!) in one of the pretty local villages, or stroll up the road and chat with the locals in the pub. Simply visit and unwind!
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Old Cob Barn Continued
Accommodation and facilities comprise of:
- Spacious open plan living room with gallery and sitting area providing lovely countryside views, television, radio/CD player, comfy chairs and refectory table with seating for twelve guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen which adjoins the dining area with dishwasher, electric cooker (fan oven), microwave, fridge and freezer.
- Spacious family bedroom with super-king size bed that can also be arranged as two singles by request (plus there is an extra single bed if needed). Doors lead out to the courtyard garden - a nice place for morning tea.
- Twin bedroom with chest of draws, cupboard for hanging items, mirror and wash basin.
- Bathroom with power shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
- Boiler/utility room located outside off the yard housing the oil fired boiler for hot water and central heating throughout, washing machine, tumble dryer and plenty of storage space for outdoor gear.
Outside: There is a private courtyard garden with BBQ where you can relax and unwind, along with plenty of parking in the courtyard. Table Tennis is available in a nearby barn.
Additional information: There is a sofa bed which is easy to convert into a double bed in the upstairs living area which can provide additional sleeping for two if required. Travel cot, high chair and stair gate are available if needed.
Low Season from £355
Mid Season from £415
High Season from £550
Peak Season £660
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5+2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 super-king/twin with extra single, 1 twin + sofa bed in lounge)
Owner: Jeremy & Sally Drakeford, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Old Cob Barn joined Independent Cottages in July 2006
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd January 2017