No.4 Lowerbourne - Porlock, Somerset, Exmoor, England - Sleeps 4
No. 4 Lowerbourne is a lovely cosy cottage with log burner tucked away on a quiet lane behind Porlock High Street. Comfortably furnished with ample space for four guests, the cottage is a perfect place to stay for families, friends and couples while exploring Somerset and its many attractions including the magnificent Exmoor Heritage Coast and Exmoor National Park.
Porlock is a pretty village with a good choice of shops and places to eat. It retains a traditional feel thanks to numerous thatched cottages and a beautiful parish church that dates from the 13th Century, and a medieval manor house which is now the excellent Dovery Manor Museum.
The village is about a mile and a half from picturesque Porlock Weir and is the starting point for many superb walks, including the 36-mile Coleridge Way and the South West Coastal Path. If possible, make the time to walk up to Dunkery Beacon on a clear day for spectacular views across Exmoor towards Devon and Wales.
Nearby, Minehead offers a great day out with its late-Victorian pier, historic harbour, pleasure gardens, and a long stretch of sandy beach. Also nearby are the villages of Selworthy and Bossington which are both part of the Holnicote Estate run by the National Trust; and Dunster with its magnificent castle and historic yarn market.
Slightly further afield (less than an hour) but still within easy reach by car are North Devon's popular surfing beaches of Woolacombe and Croyde, as well as the attractive Devon villages of Lynton and Lynmouth, connected by the cliff railway.
Whether you want to spend your days exploring, walking, fishing, cycling, horse riding or simply relaxing by the sea, No. 4 provides a warm welcome at any time of the year.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
No.4 Lowerbourne Continued
The cottage is decorated in calming neutral tones and well furnished.
Downstairs is taken up by a light and spacious living and dining room, and the kitchen:
- Sitting room with bay window at the front of the cottage. It has comfortable seating for four people, a flat screen television with Freeview channels, DVD player and log burning stove. It leads into the open plan dining room which has a decorative fireplace (not in use) and French windows that open out onto the back garden where there is another set of table and chairs that are ideal for summer dining.
- Kitchen that has a modern country feel. It includes a dishwasher, electric oven and hob, washing machine, fridge, microwave, cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery. There are some basic non-perishable and cleaning items in the kitchen with the village shops just a short walk away if you need to restock. The local hardware store sells logs and kindling for the wood burner.
Upstairs are two generously sized bedrooms:
- Pretty twin bedroom with two single beds and a splash of red to add colour.
- Restful double bedroom. The bedrooms have night storage heaters.
- Family bathroom with shower over the bath and a heated towel rail, plus WC and wash basin.
Outside: Patio garden at the back of the cottage for relaxing when the sun shines. There is private parking for one car on the quiet street outside the house, and two pay-and-display car parks in the village if you have more than one vehicle.
Additional information: Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Sorry but no dogs. No smoking. Short breaks are available by arrangement with the owner (charged at 25% of the weekly rate). Bed linen and towels are provided and included in the price along with electricity and a welcome basket of logs.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £575
High Season from £695
Peak Season £750
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Kate Green, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
No.4 Lowerbourne joined Independent Cottages in March 2017
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 30th July 2017