Hafod Lydan Farmhouse - Llanberis, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, Snowdonia, Wales - Sleeps 12
Situated on a working farm within the beautiful Snowdonia mountain range is this large holiday home that can accommodate parties of up to twelve guests. The house is positioned six hundred and fifty feet above sea level and commands exceptional panoramic views of 'Elidir' and her sisters 'Y Garn' and the 'Glyderau', the Llanberis lake, and beyond to Snowdon.
This is the perfect base for those who are keen on walking and who love 'the great outdoors', with its idyllic rural setting. It offers the tranquility of the beautiful Welsh countryside without complete isolation, being conveniently located near to the village of Llanberis and Mount Snowdon.
Llanberis is a popular tourist attraction within the Snowdonia National Park and just under a mile away from Hafod Lydan Farmhouse. With a medieval castle, two lakes, spectacular scenery and some of North Wales' major attractions, it is easy to see why people return time and time again to this beautiful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are plenty of things to see and do along with excellent places to eat and a good selection of shops and amenities.
The farmhouse is within easy distance of the Snowdon Mountain Railway, Electric Mountain, Dolbadarn Castle and the Slate museum. You can also walk Snowdon straight from your front door, picking up the Llanberis tourist path at Hebron station or the Snowdon Ranger via Bwlch Maesgwm. There are walks for all energy levels extending from a five minute evening stroll to all day hikes taking in miles of incredible scenery (just look at the scenery in the photos below!).
Situated in the midst of a working mountain farm, a stay at Hafod Lydan Farmhouse will give you a real taste of working farm life whatever the time of the year. During the spring and lambing season there are always lambs to see and maybe even a pet lamb or two to feed. During the summer, mountain gathering, shearing and dipping (weather permitting) which you are welcome to watch.
Hafod Lydan Farm is also home to the campsite-Llwyn Celyn Bach which is further down the road and completely separate from the farmhouse. The farmland stretches across hundreds of acres of tranquil mountainside providing the perfect retreat for walking, bird watching, taking in the local wildlife and simply relaxing. Here you may see peregrines and buzzards as well as so many other small birds including woodpeckers, owls and jays.
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Hafod Lydan Farmhouse Continued
Hafod Lydan Farmhouse has been refurbished to offer comfortable accommodation for anyone wanting to stay in Snowdonia. It offers functional accommodation, and is suitable for people who are looking for somewhere to stack climbing gear, boots and rucksacks, to team building groups, or equally it is just as suited for a relaxing holiday with friends or family.
Accommodation and facilities:
- The kitchen is in traditional working farm style. It is basic and functional with most modern kitchen items including a dishwasher, microwave/combo, electric stove, fridge, slate worktops and freezer.
- Dining room with seating for twelve and a lovely wood burner with large 'Hot plate top', ideal for cooking or keeping saucepans warm while you chat about the days adventures over supper.
- At the front of the house, overlooking Llyn Padarn, Elidir and surrounding mountains, are two sitting rooms which also benefit from wood burning stoves. One sitting room has a double sofa bed, the other a sofa, window seating, television and DVD player.
- Downstairs shower/wet room - this room is very basic but functional.
- All the floors downstairs are quarry tiles, making the downstairs area walking boot friendly. The owners do not mind this at all and the mop is under the stairs! However, they do ask that walking boots are not worn upstairs.
- Upstairs there are four bedrooms and a shower room with walk-in shower, toilet and basin. One bedroom to the rear of the house with a kingsize bed, small wardrobe and window seating. The other bedroom to the rear of the property has two single beds. The front bedrooms are both bunk bed rooms, one of which having two sets of bunks.
Additional information: The washing machines and tumble dryers are located in the laundry room at the campsite. All beds are made up with mattress cover, bottom sheet, one pillow, duvet and covers. Bath towels are not included but can be provided. Hand towels are provided in the shower rooms. Heating is fully controlable by a thermostat in the hallway. Logs are available, and fires will be laid ready to light for your first nights stay. The patio area and garden are for your exclusive use, as is the house parking area. The farm yard has a separate entrance and should not be used. Secure bike storage upon request. Ample parking space.
Low Season from £420
Peak Season £900
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Flexible
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 12 people in 5 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Family with 2 sets of bunk beds, 1 Twin, 1 Bunk bed rm + sofa bed.)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No