Mill Cottage - Braunston, Nr Cotswolds, Warwickshire, England - Sleeps 2
Both Braunston Mill and Mill Cottage stand centrally in the very Heart of England and are located in Braunston, a delightful ancient village which is famed for its canals and is the place where the Oxford and Grand Union Canals join.
Both holiday cottages provide a very high standard of self catering accommodation and stylish setting whether you are looking for a short break or longer holiday. Mill Cottage is an ideal romantic retreat for couples and Braunston Mill is perfect for parties of up to six guests. Both can be hired separately or rented together for larger parties of eight. Both The Mill and Mill Cottage are located apart and afford a nice degree of privacy with each affording their very own hot tub to relax and unwind.
The canals formerly provided the main transport network and are still busy today with leisure boats. They are also popular with those who prefer to keep their feet on dry land offering pleasant walks along the towpath where you can wander past chandlers, boat builders and an old pump house where you will see narrow boats moored.
An attraction of the area not to be missed is Braunston Marina with its wonderful historic buildings and attractive boatyard - one of the UK's most impressive inland marinas that hosts the Narrow Boat Rally each year.
This beautiful area offers a vast array of things to see and do including: Stratford upon Avon (the birthplace of William Shakespeare) which is under thirty miles away and a pleasant car ride through wonderful country side; Warwick with its magnificent castle; Royal Leamington Spa, a vibrant town with galleries, boutiques, eating establishments and a number of golf courses for those who fancy a round. Alternatively, simply stay put and enjoy relaxing in the wonderful setting of Mill Cottage and enjoy leisurely days wandering to the local pubs and enjoying the local produce.
- Internet Access
- Hot Tub
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Mill Cottage Continued
Mill Cottage stands within the grounds of this exceptional 18th Century mill providing an ideal place for a romantic break for couples who want to get away and relax together.
A stylish holiday retreat for just two, the Mill Cottage comprises:
- Lounge with two comfy black leather sofas for you to curl up on and watch a film or your favourite programme on the thirty two inch Plasma satellite television.
- Contemporary kitchen/diner well equipped with all the utensils needed to cater for yourself. Alternatively, truly relax and pick up a takeaway or enjoy a meal out from one of the three village pubs - all within walking distance in the village serving good food.
- Bedroom, stylishly furnished in warming red with leather double bed, Hi-Fi for music and television, along with two white fluffy dressing gowns.
- En-suite with fantastic feature round bath perfect for two!
- Ground floor shower room and WC.
- To make your stay complete you have the use of your own Hot Tub which is maintained at a constant thirty eight degrees ready for you to use when you wish within its own Bedouin style tent structure (at small additional charge of £10 per use payable locally).
Additional information: A warm welcome awaits with a welcome basket of essentials for breakfast and a bottle of wine. The owners also provide plenty of other luxuries to make your stay a comfortable and special one. Strictly no smoking inside the cottage and unfortunately, no children and no dogs. Short breaks are offered throughout the whole year.
Low Season from £525
Mid Season from £575
High Season from £675
Peak Season £750
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Sandie Ayriss, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Mill Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2010
Owner's Other Properties
New for 2014 fantastic new shower room! The bedroom in Mill Cottage now features a fantastic King Size leather bed with built in 32" TV and iPod dock.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st August 2017