Minerva - Stratford-upon-Avon, Nr Cotswolds, Warwickshire, England - Sleeps 2
Minerva sleeps one or two adults in a king-size bedroom and is a comfortable welcoming ground floor apartment offering spacious self-catering accommodation right in the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon. Ideally located, Minerva affords its own entrance, gated parking, has free internet access and offers guests an ideal base for exploring the many attractions on the doorstep and wider surrounding area.
Located in John Street which is lined with many Georgian town houses, the apartment sits within Montague House, located within yards of the birthplace of Shakespeare. Everything is within easy walking distance of Minerva including the multitude of restaurants catering for all tastes, cafes, pubs, fantastic shops, theatres, leisure facilities and weekly markets which take place on Fridays, Saturdays and during the summer months on Sundays/Bank Holiday Mondays. There are lovely gardens to wander around and beautiful walks alongside the river where you can watch the colourful narrow boats peacefully making their way along the canal network. Alternatively, hire a boat to take in the scenery from the water's edge or enjoy a romantic row and find a quiet place for a picnic.
A historic market town sitting in Warwickshire, Stratford-upon-Avon straddles the River Avon and is rich in culture and history. Famed for being the birthplace of Shakespeare, it is home to the Royal Shakespeare Company where you can take in productions at the theatres. Alternatively, enjoy one of the free 'open-air' performances during the summer months that take place over the weekend in “The Dell” on the banks of the river close to the Holy Trinity Church (pack up the picnic basket and chairs provided in the apartment by the owner and enjoy some free entertainment!).
Both fishing and golf are available locally, along with swimming and tennis for those who like to keep active whilst away. Alternatively, sit back and take a guided tour of the area on a bus or river boat, or take an organised walking tour (such as 'Stratford Town Walk') with a knowledgeable local to make sure you discover the many sights. Visit the largest butterfly farm in Europe (just five minutes from Minerva) or stay during one of the many events that are hosted throughout the year from Christmas markets during the run up to the festive season, to Shakespeare's birthday celebrations in April.
For those who want to explore the wider area, the surrounding beautiful countryside is peppered with numerous attractions including castles, pretty historic villages, ancient towns, country houses and magnificent gardens.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Entrance hall with room to hang coats.
- Spacious sitting room with sofa seating three guests (so plenty of room to relax with your feet up!), armchair, fireplace with electric fire making it cosy at the flick of a switch and LED Smart television with Blue-ray DVD/CD player.
- King-size bedroom with large wardrobe and chest of drawers providing plenty of storage space, along with a full length mirror and LED Smart television.
- Bathroom with shower over the bath (including screen), WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Well equipped kitchen/dining area with dining table/four chairs, dishwasher, electric hob/oven, washing machine, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, LED television with integral DVD/CD player and even a bread maker! For those who would prefer to eat in (and can resist the temptation of the fantastic restaurants on the doorstep), everything is provided whether you want a light snack or a hearty supper. A back door leads out to the car port.
Additional information: Free Wi-Fi. Centrally heated throughout included in the price along with electricity, bed linen and towels. The apartment is fully serviced with beds made up ready for arrival. The key holder will 'meet and greet' you to ensure all your questions are answered. Having gated parking is a real bonus in this central part of Stratford. Adults only - no children.
Low Season from £560
Peak Season £560
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 King)
Owner: Carolann Barnett, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Minerva joined Independent Cottages in March 2015
Short breaks:3 nights Fri-Mon, 4 nights Mon-Fri, £350
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017