1-2 The Haven - Beadnell, Nr Seahouses, Northumberland, England - Sleeps 9
This exceptional 'art deco' holiday home is in an enviable position by the sea in the lovely village of Beadnell on the North Northumberland coastline. Accommodating up to nine guests in four bedrooms, this fantastic holiday home offers reversed living accommodation with all bedrooms located on the ground floor, allowing the living area upstairs to take full advantage of the magnificent sea views. There is a terrace and a balcony on the first floor, along with a big sun deck on the second floor, where guests can enjoy the panoramic sea views. There is also an additional small, private, fully-enclosed paved garden which is perfect for enjoying a barbecue.
Ideally positioned, the glorious sandy beach sits in front of the holiday home, just across the green with its golden sands and rock pools which the children (and adults!) will love exploring (don't forget your crab line and net for catching tiddlers!). Beadnell Bay extends for some two miles of beach and sand dunes, providing plenty of quiet places to relax for the day. Beadnell is a popular family seaside destination with a small shop, two good pubs serving food, a well-equipped children's playground, church and the beautiful historic harbour with the National Trust-owned Beadnell Limekilns as a backdrop.
To the north is Annstead Bay with its peaceful beaches (just ten minutes away by foot from the holiday home). Just four miles away is Bamburgh with its stunning beach and castle, and for those who enjoy golf, you have a choice of excellent golf courses within easy reach. These include Seahouses Golf Course (just one mile), Bamburgh Castle Golf Course (five miles) and Dunstanburgh Castle Golf Course (eight miles).
The harbour town of Seahouses is just two miles away where you can take a boat trip and visit the Holy Island and Farne Islands with their seabird colonies. Seahouses has much to offer with its friendly traditional pubs and excellent fish and chips! The Seafield Ocean Club is also located in Seahouses where non-members are welcome to come and enjoy a relaxing massage or beauty treatment at Health and Beauty Suite, perfectly followed by coffee and home-made cake in the coffee shop afterwards!
Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday by the sea, want to explore the Northumberland coast, enjoy birdwatching, walking, cycling or golf, you are sure to have an enjoyable holiday at this stunning location.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
1-2 The Haven Continued
- Spacious sun-lounge located on the second floor with easy chairs, sofas, television and large sundeck for relaxing and soaking up the spectacular sea views.
- Main lounge and dining room with easy chair, sofas, dining table seating nine, Smart television with Sky Movies, BT Sport and Netflix, and feature open gas fire. There is also a balcony and terrace to the rear with more of those fantastic sea views.
- House bathroom beautifully presented in an 'art-deco' style with large Whirlpool bath which is perfect for a long soak, hand shower and drench shower.
- Bedroom one with double bed, en-suite (with two over-bath showers) and walk-in wardrobe offering plenty of space for clothes storage. This room has access directly out into a private garden which is fully enclosed, providing the perfect place to enjoy a leisurely breakfast.
- Bed two is also an en-suite and has a double bed.
- Bedroom three has a double and single bed and bedroom four is a compact room with bunk beds (six foot by three foot) - both bedrooms have the use of the stunning family bathroom and first floor shower room.
- Games area which links the kitchen with the main lounge. This room has a pool/snooker table, bookcase, card table, games cupboard and selection of games to play, iPod docking and free Wi-Fi internet access.
Outdoors: There is a small fully-enclosed private paved garden which is ideal for barbeques, a first-floor balcony and terrace as well as a second-floor sun-deck. Parking available.
Additional information: Full central heating and some underfloor heating. Welcome tray, linen and towels provided. High chair and travel cot available on request. Short breaks may be available, please enquire with the owner. It is possible to arrange for an outside chef for special celebratory meals - please speak to the owner for details.
There is a private entrance to a private area at the rear of the property which may be in occasional use by the owner.
Low Season from £1100
Mid Season from £1500
High Season from £1975
Peak Season £2185
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 9 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Family rm and a bunk bed room)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Helen Russell, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
1-2 The Haven joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Guardian 50 Best Cottages UK:The Haven has curves in all the right places perfect for large groups and families 5 out of 5 - Excellent on Trip Advisor all 33 reviews Sunday Times:Art Deco Palace . .
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th July 2017