Rose Cottage - Goathland, Whitby, Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 11Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 15 guests
Rose Cottage is strikingly pretty as you approach it and ideally placed in the popular Moorland village of Goathland in the North Yorkshire Moors. Sleeping up to eleven guests in five bedrooms, the cottage dates back almost two hundred years and offers a lovely mix of space, character and cosiness with an open fire and log burner for winter breaks, and stunning views from the garden for when the sun shines.
Perfect for friends and families who want to explore this beautiful part of the country, Goathland offers places for a meal out (you have the choice of three pubs within walking distance), as well as a village shop for all essential provisions. It's claims to fame are big for a quaint little village, being better known as 'Aidensfield', the fictional village for the popular television series Heart Beat. Goathland's train station will also be familiar to Harry Potter fans as it was used for the filmset of 'Hogsmeade' station, and today is a stopping point on the famous North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway line.
Spend your days walking the moors with a super choice of routes including the circular walk from Goathland to the pretty village of Darnholm; the Mallyan Spout circular waterfall walk (which has been attracting tourists since Victorian times); and the picturesque walk to the hamlet of Beck Hole with the Birch Hall Inn, much loved for its cask beer and famous ale cake (just what you need after a walk!).
Yorkshire's East Coast is only a short car ride away with Whitby (nine miles), Robin Hood's Bay, Staithes and Scarborough making great days out. For those who don't want to drive, take a nostalgic trip on the North York Moors Steam Railway - a wonderful way of soaking up the scenery which is sure to create a special holiday memory.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Rose Cottage Continued
- Traditional sitting room with comfy seating, television, DVD player and log burner for cosy nights in front of the fire.
- Country style kitchen well equipped with electric hob, double oven (with separate microwave above), fridge and dishwasher.
- Separate dining room with open fire and table with seating for twelve guests.
- Utility room with washing machine.
- King-size bedroom with en-suite shower room including a WC and wash basin. This room is accessed via the lounge (two steps) and has direct access outside to the patio.
- King-size bedroom with en-suite shower room including a WC and wash basin.
- Family bedroom with king-size bed and additional single day bed plus trundle. This room has a television and also has an en-suite shower room.
- Additional king-size bedroom and single bedroom which both share the house bathroom with a free standing bath, shower cubicle, wash basin and WC.
Outside: There is plenty of space to relax outside and enjoy a glass of wine or BBQ whilst soaking up the lovely countryside views. Plenty of off-road parking.
Additional information: WiFi internet access available. Two dogs welcome (should you want to bring more, please enquire). Short breaks available all year round (weekend breaks from £695 - £985). Prices include heating, bed linen, electricity, towels and fuel for the fire.
Low Season from £985
Mid Season from £1285
High Season from £1685
Peak Season £1785
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 11 people in 5 bedrooms (3 Kings, 1 Family & 1 Single)
Group booking details:
Please note: Rose Cottage sleeps 11 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 15 guests. Dining capacity: 12.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Emma Brice, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Rose Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Short Breaks Available - please enquire 2 night weekend breaks from £600 - £1000
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 14th August 2017