The Paddocks - Ponsworthy, Devon, Dartmoor, England - Sleeps 4
The Paddocks sleeps four guests in two bedrooms and is a delightful 17th century granite holiday cottage with lots of character ideally located within the Dartmoor National Park. With a log burner in the sitting room for cosy winter nights, and an enclosed garden with terrace for eating out when the sun shines, The Paddocks is an ideal choice for friends, families and couples all year round.
Ideally placed in Ponsworthy, a small rural Devonshire village in the heart of the Dartmoor National Park, there are endless opportunities all around for those who enjoy being outdoors. Spend your days fishing, climbing or exploring the area by horseback, bike, foot or car. The beautiful landscape is dotted with pretty villages (with country inns for refreshment), archaeological sites, country houses, attractions for the younger ones and tea shops for sampling a traditional Devonshire cream tea.
A stunning wilderness and haven for wildlife, the National Park is home to the famous Dartmoor ponies that can be seen grazing freely, along with cattle on your travels. You may also be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of deer and otters, as well as birds of prey soaring up above.
Steeped in folklore, the picturesque Dartmoor village of Widecombe in the Moor is close by. Visit in September when the famous annual fair takes place or at any other time to visit its shops and pubs and sample a taste of moorland life. Also nearby is Ashburton, a bustling market town with a good choice of shops for stocking up on provisions, galleries and places for a meal out.
With miles of footpaths, country lanes and trails, Dartmoor is a vast outdoor playground and a popular holiday destination for those who enjoy the great outdoors. Its central location in Devon also makes it an ideal base from which to explore the areas abundance of attractions and stunning beaches on the north and south coast.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Horse Riding Nearby
The Paddocks Continued
- Welcoming sitting room with comfy seating, television, DVD player and impressive granite fireplace housing a log burner - the perfect place to relax in front of the flickering flames at the end of the day.
- Well equipped kitchen with everything needed to self-cater including an electric oven/hob, microwave, plenty of cupboards for storage and a breakfast bar where you can sit on the stools and chat to the 'cook' whilst they prepare dinner. There is also a farmhouse style table with seating for four guests and exposed stonework that adds to the charm.
- Hallway where the washing machine and tumble dryer can be found in a cupboard.
- Shower-room with hand basin and toilet.
- Main bedroom with double bed and traditional furnishings.
- Twin bedroom which has two single beds (wardrobe space for hanging items can be found on the landing).
- Bathroom with hand basin, toilet and a bath with shower attachment (hand-held).
Outside: There is a pretty enclosed garden at the back of the cottage with sloping lawn area and terrace with garden furniture and BBQ - perfect for alfresco dining and enjoying a glass of wine whilst taking in the lovely village views. Off-road parking available.
Additional information: One dog is welcome by arrangement. No smoking inside the cottage. Cot available by prior arrangement. Bed linen, electricity and heating are included in the price - please bring your own towels. Internet access is available.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £475
High Season from £550
Peak Season £575
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin)
Owner: Philip & Valerie, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Paddocks joined Independent Cottages in July 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Please see late availability offers for May
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017
Approximate Location of The Paddocks
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book