Beacon View Barn - Danby, Whitby, North Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 6Group bookings available: This property is one of 2 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 12 guests
Crag House Farm offers the finest of ‘VisitEngland’ 5 Star self-catering with Gold Award status. Nestling amongst glorious countryside within the heart of the North York Moors National Park, Crag House Farm is home to two spacious and luxurious converted barns, country retreats that each sleep up to six guests, or larger parties of twelve when rented together.
The cottages sit in an idyllic position surrounding a green and dovecot close to the picturesque moorland riverside villages of Castleton and Danby, well placed for exploring the many attractions of the National Park and Yorkshire's stunning Heritage Coastline.
These Design Award winning barns provide the perfect combination of green modern technology and traditional charm. Thirty and twenty five foot spacious sitting rooms their high vaulted ceilings lend a touch of drama, luxury and eco principles like Yorkshire flagstone floors and Geothermal underfloor heating. Exposed stonework, a wealth of beams, double ended roll-top cast iron baths, rainfall showers, stylish kitchens to cook up a storm, LED mood lighting. Spend winter nights relaxing in front of the log burner with your favourite tipple, and balmy summer evenings soaking up the tranquil stunning views of Danby Dale from your very own alfresco barbecue patio while you watch the children having fun playing in our willow wigwams in safe enclosed gardens.
Each barn is unique in style and has it’s own private enclosed quarter of an acre gardens with views that span to the heather clad moorland beyond. Tons of space to relax, entertain and celebrate with friends and family. If you’re looking for easy access Beacon View Barn is 'M1' rated for accessibility, perfect for those with limited mobility.
Crag House Farm is exceptionally well placed for enjoying the many adventures and attractions in the North York Moors National Park. This beautiful area is a vast outdoor playground, something for all ages and energy levels from leisurely rides on a steam train and castles to wander around, to forests with tree top adventures and theme parks for those seeking excitement. Superb walking and cycling straight from your front door. Enjoy leisurely lunches in traditional welcoming pubs, or spend your days browsing the independent shops in historic market towns such as Helmsley, Pickering and Malton which offer plenty of opportunities to stock up on local produce. Head to the Yorkshire heritage coastal towns of Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes or Saltburn just fifteen minutes by car for kayaking, surfing, horse riding on the beach or simply lazing by the seaside ice-cream in hand! A holiday here should always include a trip to historic York.
Danny and Liz live nearby in the farmhouse and are happy to be on hand to help or recommend if required.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Beacon View Barn Continued
Beacon View sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms. The ground floor master bedroom with large ensuite helps people who are less mobile enjoy their luxury 5* family holiday. National Park Design Award winning conversion with a stunning thirty foot sitting room, cosy underfloor heating, comfy leather sofas, forty two inch wall mounted television/DVD. Toys and games. Quarter acre private enclosed garden. Gas barbecue and alfresco dining room. Cots, high chair, stiargates and lots of other child friendly equipment is available, including Minty the rocking horse.
- Thirty foot living room with a wonderful vaulted ceiling and views to the central green and dovecot. Comfy leather sofas surround the wood-burning stove and forty two inch wall mounted flat screen Sony television. Minty the rocking horse is waiting in the wings. The antique refectory table under the green oak gallery seats ten.
- Well equipped kitchen with double oven and induction hob, dishwasher, integrated fridge/freezer and seating area perfect for breakfast and morning coffee with floor to ceiling glass doors leading onto the central green and dovecot.
- The utility/boots off room has a washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, Belfast sink and plenty of space to store and dry coats and outdoor gear helping to make a clutter free holiday.
- Cloak room with WC and wash basin.
- Easy access ground floor master bedroom with a large ensuite wet room. Stunning views through the French windows at the foot of the bed.
- At the top of the stairs is the green oak galleried landing, a lovely spot up among the beams to chill out on floor cushions, catch up on your iPad, read or listen to some music.
On the first floor
- Bedroom two: King-size cream iron bed which is full of character and has a TV/DVD on the pine dresser base.
- Bedroom three: A pretty room with a wall of exposed stone offers flexible sleeping with twin zip and link beds that can be made up as a super-king by arrangement.
- Impressive family bathroom with walk-in rainfall shower, roll top cast iron bath (double ended and perfect for a long soak at the end of the day!), WC and wash basin. Mood lighting and concealed speakers all add a touch of luxury.
Outside: There is plenty of space to relax and play in the private, enclosed quarter acre garden. The flat lawn lends itself to a game or two of croquet if you can tear your eyes away from the stunning views up the dale of Danby. Alfresco dining on the barbecue patio is a must. This covered area comes into it’s own in inclement weather with great lighting and electric points impress with a late autumn BBQ! There is also a nearby paddock for you just crying out for a family game of cricket or rounders with a picnic thrown in. Plenty of off-road parking is a welcome bonus too.
Additional information: All inclusive so prices include heating, bed linen, electricity, logs and towels. Scrummy welcome cake and a lovely bottle of fizz provided upon arrival. Children most welcome. Pets by arrangement. Short breaks available out of peak season. Book online through the owners own website.
Low Season from £795
Mid Season from £1095
High Season from £1345
Peak Season £1475
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings and 1 Twin/Super-King)
Group booking details:
Please note: Beacon View Barn sleeps 6 people. The owner has 2 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 12 guests. Dining capacity: 12 (Guests can be seated together for meals).
Prices from: £522 to £2900
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Danny & Liz Nightingale, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Beacon View Barn joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Just a couple looking for a spacious and special home from home? Take advantage of our 10% couple only discount
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017