Surprise View Cottages & Field Barn Cottage - Farndale, Nr Hutton-le-Hole, North Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 4
Surprise View Cottages offers a choice of three beautifully presented holiday homes ideal for families, friends and couples perfectly based on the very edge of the Moors. Great for walkers and those with a passion for being outdoors, guests can enjoy direct access to fields, tracks, woods and footpaths including the Tabular Hill Walk with forty eight delightful miles to explore!
Named after the spectacular surrounding view, the cottages are just one mile from Hutton-le-Hole, one of the prettiest Moorland villages with a good pub serving food (The Crown) and the Ryedale Folk Museum where you can learn about the areas heritage. The market town of Kirkbymoorside is also close by offering shops and amenities for stocking up on provisions, as are Helmsley and the bustling market town of Pickering.
For those who enjoy cycling, the are plenty of opportunities both on and off road locally as well as day trips out to the city of York or the seaside resorts of Whitby and Scarborough (all within twenty five miles). The cottages also have numerous historic abbeys, castles and churches, along with major attractions on the doorstep such as Castle Howard, Flamingo Land for the little ones and the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway.
Surprise View Cottages sit on the owners working farm which has been in the family for over two hundred years. They are a short distance from the farmhouse and overlook ancient stone buildings which once housed a Mill and Tannery. Each cottage affords a south-facing patio area where you can relax when the sun shines.
Surprise View Cottage sleeps four guests and has an idyllic position with a little stream running past and views over fields and woods. Field Barn Cottage also sleeps four guests and sits in a higher position affording a panoramic aspect overlooking the moors and valleys, enhanced by its ha-ha (sunken wall) which gives uninterrupted vision. Lowna Farmhouse sleeps up to eight guests and is in an exceptional position like a jewel set in the green and gold of the Moors and woodlands and valleys.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Surprise View Cottages & Field Barn Cottage Continued
Field Barn Cottage offers the following accommodation:
- The ground floor has an entrance hall which leads to a carpeted lounge with beams, stone walls and living flame Gas stove; French windows provide panoramic views across the valleys and woods.
- The hall also leads to a large, tiled, fitted kitchen with stone-walled dining area and French doors that lead out to an additional patio where you can enjoy the views over the farm and open moorland beyond. There are also two arrow windows looking North and South.
- First Floor with two bedrooms, one that has a double bed and one twin bedroom with two singles. Both bedrooms have wardrobes, vanity units and drawers providing plenty of storage space for clothes, along with lovely views across the surrounding countryside.
- Bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and hand basin.
Services - Full oil-fired central heating, and gas for hob and fire. Bed linen and towels are included in the rent. Television, CD player/radio, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and payphone are provided. There is ample parking space in the enclosed yard at the cottage; further parking is provided in the farmyard which is approximately fifty from the cottage.
Surprise View Cottage offers the following accommodation:
- The ground floor has entrance leading to two bedrooms, one with double bed and a twin room with two singles - both with vanity units, drawers and fitted wardrobes.
- The bathroom has a shower over the bath, WC and hand basin.
- The first floor has a high-beamed lounge with log-burning stove set in a brick on stone wall, with spacious fitted kitchen and dining area; entry to this can also be by a separate outside stone stairway. There are fitted carpets throughout the cottage with pretty fabrics and furnishings.
Services - Full oil-fired central heating, and fuel for the wood burning stove. Bedlinen and towels are included in the rent. Television, CD player/radio, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and payphone are provided. There is ample parking for two cars.
Lowna Farmhouse offers the following accommodation:
Hallway taking you into the beautifully presented kitchen with lovely cream Aga as a focal point and table and chairs for eating.Elegant dining room with oak table and chairs leading out to the patio area or into...Sitting room with wonderful open fire and comfy seating - the perfect place to relax at the end of the day with large television and hi-fi. A telephone is provided and for those unable to resist a dabble, Wi-fi is freely available! All the utilities such as washer, dryer, freezer and boiler are in the utility room next to the downstairs cloakroom.
- An oak staircase leads upstairs from the hallway.
- Two king-size bedrooms each with an en-suite shower room.
- Two bedrooms each with two single beds. One has an en-suite shower room and the other is next to the family bathroom. All the bedrooms afford a sunny aspect with lovely countryside views that stretch over the fields, woods, river and valley below.
Services - Linen, towels and all other services are included in the rent. Flat-screen television, CD/radio, DVD, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, giant fridge, freezer, microwave , telephone and WiFi provided. We welcome families into all the cottages but Lowna Farmhouse is especially suitable for larger groups - extended family groups, walkers or cyclists, bird lovers and lovers of the country.
Prices: Please note that the prices listed are based on the cottages that sleep four guests.
Additional information: Pets are welcome by arrangement.
When enquiring by email: Please state which cottage you are enquiring about.Prices for 7 nights:
Low Season from £320
Mid Season from £420
High Season from £450
Peak Season £550
Key details:Payment options:
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Ruth Wass, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Surprise View Cottages & Field Barn Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2007
Owner's Other Properties
In the heart of the country; fabulous cottages and fantastic scenery
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 29th March 2017
Approximate Location of Surprise View Cottages & Field Barn Cottage
Owner Notice Board
In the heart of the country; fabulous cottages and fantastic scenery