Aggies Cottage - Mullacott Cross, Ilfracombe, Devon, England - Sleeps 6
Higher Mullacott Farm is home to two delightful holiday cottages which sit in a tranquil position within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Devon. Sitting high up in the hills, the cottages overlook the stunning coastline of Woolacombe and Ilfracombe and provide a perfect setting for a coastal holiday.
Set in an attractive historic courtyard, the cottages have been beautifully converted to provide holiday accommodation that blends original charm with modern convenience including sloping ceilings, stone walls and beams. Ideal for family holidays or a gathering of friends, the cottages are perfect for those looking for a coastal or country holiday at any time of the year.
Both cottages benefit from the shared use of the grounds extending to over three acres including swings, climbing frame and slide in the children's play area, and a field where kids can let off steam and enjoy ball games. Each cottage also has its own gas BBQ and seating area.
Within easy driving distance of North Devon's many attractions, holidays at Higher Mullacott Farm can be as action packed or relaxing as you wish. For those seeking peace and tranquillity or who enjoy walking, Exmoor’s National Park is within easy reach or enjoy the nearby coastal paths offering wonderful views of the seascape. For beach lovers, the Blue Flag beach of Woolacombe Sands is only three miles away and popular with surfers. Saunton and Croyde are also firm favourites and just eight miles by car.
The attractive Victorian town of Ilfracombe offers a superb selection of shops, pubs and restaurants set around the harbour and is just a mile from Higher Mullacott Farm. For those who enjoy fishing, there are plenty of opportunities either off the pier or around the coastline. Alternatively, take a deep sea fishing boat trip (daily from the harbour). A visit to the Tunnels Beach is also well worth a visit. Steeped in history, this unique Blue Flag beach is reached via tunnels carved out of the rocks and has a tidal pool that is great for snorkelling or inflatables - a favourite with the children!
For those who enjoy golf, you have the choice of three courses within four miles and there are also tennis courts and a swimming pool in Ilfracombe, along with horse riding, paintballing and quad biking locally.
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
Aggies Cottage Continued
- The pretty courtyard leads into the hallway on the ground floor with two steps leading down into the kitchen with electric oven and grill; microwave, fridge, freezer and ceramic hob. This leads through to...
- Living area with chunky farmhouse table with six chairs, comfortable corner sofa dressed with bright cheerful scatter cushions, wall mounted flat screen television, DVD player and CD player. The original brick floor and a rug add to the charm of this area. Open tread stairs lead up to...
- Double bedroom with sloping ceiling (seaviews from the dormer window!) with beams.
- Bathroom with original roll top bath and WC with pull chain cistern located off the living room at the bottom of the stairs.
- From the hallway at the top of the stairs are are the Master and Twin bedrooms:
- Master bedroom with king-size sleigh bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, bedside cabinets and cot.
- Twin bedroom with bedside cabinets and double wardrobe. Both rooms have the shared use of a large tiled shower room with WC.
Outside: In the lounge there is a part glazed door which leads out to the extensive grounds offering wonderful panoramic views of the rolling countryside and sea. A small flight of steps lead up to the private eating area with BBQ. Off-road parking for two-three cars.
Additional information: The cottage is centrally heated. Crisp bed linen and towels are provided. Babysitting and catering services are available. Welcome pack provided.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £440
High Season from £745
Peak Season £975
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 King)
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Aggies Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 13th August 2017