Biallid House - Newtonmore, Highland, The Cairngorms, Scotland - Sleeps 15
Biallid House is an exceptional large Scottish retreat sleeping up to fifteen guests in seven bedrooms. Perfect for a large group of friends or family who want to holiday together and equally as appealing to those looking for a venue to celebrate a special occasion. Sitting in a spectacular position amongst mountainous scenery, this wonderful property provides an ideal place to sample the finest of Scottish life and explore the Cairngorms National Park.
As you approach this dog and child friendly property, the long sweeping gated driveway will immediately impress and provide a sense of privacy. Once inside, a warm welcome awaits with a cosy sitting room to enjoy a dram in front of the fire, games room for traditional fun, morning room for your coffee and elegant dining area. The boot room has plenty of space for wet dogs, fishing rods and outdoor gear and with seven bedrooms, five bathrooms and two cloakrooms, there'll be no fighting over the bathroom in the morning!
Close by and within easy walking distance is Newtonmore, a picturesque village sitting in the Spey Valley, offering a choice of places to enjoy a meal out and shops for stocking up on provisions. There is also a golf course for those who enjoy a game, along with two museums where you can find out about locals and local life.
The surrounding area is a spectacular playground for outdoor enthusiasts. Walkers can spend their days exploring the National Park with the Wildcat Trail accessible from the village. If you prefer to be on two wheels instead of two feet, Laggan Wolftrax is a popular haunt for cyclists, and water lovers can enjoy all types of water based fun at Active outdoor Pursuits Centre - what better place to get active with such stunning scenery as a backdrop! Alternatively, explore the area by horseback and book yourself a trekking session with the riding stables next to Baillid House or spend your days fishing on the River Spey or Calder right on your doorstep (the house has its own fishing rights!).
It's not just the adults that will love being outdoors in Newtonmore. The Wildcat Experience makes wandering around the village a pleasure with hours of entertainment trying to spot the painted cats hidden in gardens, up trees and on roof tops (there's a prize for spotting 50!). The real thing can also be seen at the Highland Wildlife Park, along with lots of other animals including wolves, polar bears and even snow leopards.
Whether you visit over New Year to enjoy the magic of the fireworks or during the summer months to enjoy the many outdoor activities, you are sure to have a memorable holiday at Biallid House.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Fishing Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Biallid House Continued
- Porch which has plenty of space for drying coats and boots.
- Morning Room - there's no finer place to take your morning coffee than in this beautiful room that captures the early morning sun. It's lovely open fire makes it a cosy place to retire to after dinner where you can enjoy a tipple in front of the flickering flames. With comfy seating and a table with seating for four it's a popular room for many occasions.
- Drawing Room - another cosy room with open fireplace and lots of original character. At one end is the sitting area where you can relax in front of the fire on the sofas and chairs and watch television (flat screen with DVD player) and at the other is the dining area with a table large enough to seat twelve in comfort. Wooden floors, traditional elegant furnishings and tartan cushions make this room feel most welcoming.
- Wonderful well equipped kitchen - at the heart of this country property, the kitchen is a cooks dream with plenty of space for catering for every occasion from breakfast to a celebratory banquet. Painted pastel blue units are beautifully topped with granite and facilities are plentiful including a warming four-oven Aga, separate hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and plenty of pots and pans.
- Boot room - A functional well thought out room with plenty of space for coats and boots, housing an additional fridge/freezer, microwave, sink and two washing machines (that are also dryers). Plenty of room for storing outdoor gear and drying damp dogs.
- Games Room - sure to be a hit with the kids, this cosy room provides comfy seating and a lovely place to enjoy board games, a game of chess or have a quiet moment catching up on emails (Wi-Fi available). For those planning to go shooting, there is a lockable gun cabinet in this room.
- Two cloak rooms are located on the ground floor.
- Double Bedroom - A bright and elegant room which is nicely tucked away and ideal for those who prefer to not climb the stairs. A traditional brass double bed provides a lovely feature to this room, as does the view over the mountains. Dressing table and wardrobe provide storage for clothes and the en-suite bathroom has a large bath for a long soak at the end of the day (as well as a WC and wash basin).
- Master Bedroom - this lovely king-size bedroom affords many original features including a fireplace (not in use), traditional furniture and a huge window which allows you to wake up to the beautiful sight of the mountains (amazing in the cooler months when dusted with snow). There is plenty of clothes storage in a freestanding wardrobe and dresser and guests in this room also have an en-suite with bath, WC and wash basin.
- Double Bedroom - presented in pastel shades with a splash of colour at floor level, this restful room is spacious and beautifully presented with double bed and antique furniture including a wardrobe. This room can have en-suite facilities with direct access into...
- House Bathroom One - Large by bathroom standards, facilities include a shower over bath, WC and wash basin.
- Second House Bathroom offering identical facilities.
- Two Twin Bedrooms - interconnecting with each room having two doors, these two rooms provide flexible sleeping where they can be used as a family room together (great fun for the kids) or twins, each with two single beds. One of the rooms can also become an en-suite if the adjoining bathroom is used.
- Double Bedroom - The third double in the house, this cosy room is nicely tucked away. Whilst compact, it has built in wardrobes for storage and a sky light letting the stars twinkle down upon you.
- Third House Bathroom - this room services the triple and double rooms and has a bath, wash basin and WC.
- Triple Bedroom - at the furthest end of the house, this room is great for younger ones who like to hide themselves away. It has three single beds, fireplace (not in use) and views over the surrounding countryside and mountains.
Outside: The property is approached by a gated long sweeping drive with its garden running alongside where there is plenty of grassed area to play games or relax in the sunshine. With places for a quiet moment with a good book and outdoor furniture for alfresco dining, there are plenty of opportunities to soak up the stunning scenery and marvel at the mountains.
Additional information: Short breaks available outside of peak season. Dogs welcome. Wi-Fi internet access. Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels.
Low Season from £995
Mid Season from £1300
High Season from £1650
Peak Season £2500
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 15 people in 7 bedrooms (1 King, 3 Doubles, 2 Twins & 1 Triple)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Amanda Tassell (Bkgs Officer), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Biallid House joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2015
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th September 2017