Kestrel Cottage - Great Bedwyn, Nr Marlborough, Wiltshire, England - Sleeps 4+2
Kestrel Cottage sleeps four guests (plus an extra two on a sofa bed) and is located in a rural position in Wiltshire between Crofton and Great Bedwyn on the outskirts of Savernake Forest. The cottage affords lovely views over rolling farmland and has a secure three acre field which is great for dogs and ball games. It also sits next to Brail Vista, being accessed by the main drive.
Great Bedwyn village is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has a village shop for stocking up on provisions, post office, baker and two pubs (one with a great restaurant). It is ideal for cyclists sitting on the Wiltshire Cycleway and having lots of cycle routes amongst the Wiltshire Downs area, linking up to the Ridge Way Path. A route taking you along the disused railway line (from Marlborough to Chiseldon) is also worth exploring.
Steeped in history, there are plenty of sites of interest to visit in the area including Silbury Hill, the famous Avebury Stone Circle, Kennet Long Burrow, St. Martin’s Chapel at Chisbury (closeby), Wilton Windmill (Wiltshire's only remaining working windmill) and the intriguing Crop Circles which appear on the Marlborough and Pewsey Downs (not so ancient but every bit as fascinating).
- Internet Access
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Kestrel Cottage Continued
The holiday cottage is fully equipped (just bring yourself) and comprises:
- Spacious sitting room with comfy seating (including a bed settee), television, DVD player, Hi-Fi with CD, radio and a Gas 'coal effect' fire providing a cosy atmosphere at the flick of a switch.
- Well equipped kitchen/dining area with table and seating for six, along with oven/hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave.
- Shower room with power shower, wash basin, WC and shaver point.
- Double bedroom with dressing table/stool, wardrobe, bedside cabinets and chest of drawers.
- Twin bedroom with dressing table/stool, wardrobe, bedside cabinets and chest of drawers.
- Bathroom with corner bath, wash basin and WC.
Outside: There is an enclosed garden around the cottage (garden furniture provided) with views over lovely rolling countryside.
Additional information: There is a main line railway that runs past the cottage with a station in Great Bedwyn providing direct access to London Paddington in approximately an hour. Please check location map before booking. A fold up bed, travel cot and high chair are available.
Low Season from £415
Mid Season from £560
High Season from £640
Peak Season £730
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+2 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin, sofa bed)
Owner: Mary Rhodes, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Kestrel Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2006
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 27th May 2017