Waterlake Cottage - Orcheston, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England - Sleeps 4
Waterlake Cottage sleeps four guests (plus cot) and is a Four Star self-catering cottage ideally placed just three miles from the famous World Heritage Site of Stonehenge. Located on the outskirts of the Wiltshire village of Orcheston, the cottage sits in a rural position surrounded by fields and is a superb base for visiting some of the UK’s most iconic sights.
Conveniently placed close to the A303/A360 the cottage is within easy driving distance of Stonehenge, Avebury with it’s famous stone circles, Lacock with it’s beautiful Abbey, Longleat with it’s Safari and Adventure Park, and Salisbury with it’s stunning Cathedral.
Other places of interest include
- Stourhead (National Trust)
- The Roman City of Bath
- Bowood House and Gardens (adventure park)
- Market town of Devizes with the Kennett and Avon Canal twenty nine Locks at Caen Hill
- Wilton House with an adventure park
- The New Forest
There are miles of footpaths to explore through glorious countryside and lovely cycle rides through leafy lanes, as well as off road biking across Salisbury Plain directly from the cottage front door. Alternatively, stay locally and relax in the sunny garden with patio where you can enjoy alfresco dining.
There is a small supermarket, Butchers and Garage just a mile from the cottage in Shrewton and a larger selection of supermarkets in Amesbury, along with a good choice of traditional pubs for a meal out within a four mile drive.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Waterlake Cottage Continued
Single level accommodation comprises:
- Welcoming lounge with comfy seating, thirty two inch flatscreen HD television, DVD player, radio/CD and open fire for cosy nights in.
- Spacious kitchen/diner with large table and chairs, washing machine, fridge, freezer, microwave and a good range of crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans.
- En-suite double bedroom (the en-suite is fitted with WC, wash basin, heated towel rail and shower).
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- House bathroom with bath, overhead shower, WC, wash basin, heated towel rail.
Outside: The cottage affords a lovely large sunny garden with lawn area for relaxing and patio with outdoor furniture and BBQ for enjoying alfresco meals in the warmer months. On-site parking for two cars available.
Additional information: Heating is provided by night storage heaters along with convector heaters. The hot water is heated by solar power (plus there is an immersion if needed) which also generates electricity making the property energy efficient. Prices include bed linen, towels, electricity, hot water, logs and heating. Guests also have free Wi-Fi internet access. Cot available, along with a high chair. For those bringing bikes, there is a secure cycle storage and also a wash down area.
Low Season from £320
Mid Season from £378
High Season from £520
Peak Season £570
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin + Cot)
Owner: Virginia Jones, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Waterlake Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2016
SPECIAL OFFER: 10% discount on weekly bookings: 29 OCT-2 DEC at £340.00. Newly refurbished twin bedroom/bathroom plus shower overhead. New flooring in both bathrooms.fully double glazed windows.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017