The Lodge - Rockland St Mary, Nr Norwich, Norfolk, England - Sleeps 4+3Group bookings available: This property is one of 4 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 18 guests
Oxnead House is home to four luxurious holiday cottages that are furnished to a high degree of comfort and style. Ideally located in the heart of the Norfolk Broads in the village of Rockland St Mary, the cottages sit within one acre of gardens belonging to the owners 19th Century traditional farmhouse - the perfect place to relax and unwind in a peaceful setting within the Southern Broads.
Ideally placed, the cottages are excellent for those who enjoy the many delights of the countryside and its wildlife. They are just two hundred yards from Rockland Staithe where leisure boats moor and the village pub, and are within walking distance of the RSPB Reserve at Rockland Broad and Wheatfen Nature reserve.
This is an excellent location for those who enjoy cycling, walking, bird watching, canoeing, fishing or simply relaxing in a lovely Broadland setting. The cottages are completely self-contained with private gardens, making them well suited for families, friends, couples or larger groups if more than one cottage is booked at the same time.
The area offers plenty of attractions and places to visit. Within just a few miles of the cottages you have the medieval City of Norwich with its Norman cathedral, heritage buildings, excellent shopping and fine selection of eating establishments. The Norfolk coastal resorts of Great Yarmouth and Cromer are too within easy reach as are the Suffolk Heritage resorts and the sunrise coast of Lowestoft and Southwold. Why not spend a day exploring the winding country lanes, visit Strumpshaw Steam Museum (open early April to the end of September), have a meal in one of the many village pubs, visit the County towns of South Norfolk and North Suffolk or one of the stately homes and gardens within the area - whatever the age, there is something to suit everyone!
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Lodge Continued
All four cottages have their own individual style and charm and each offers the same high level of facilities and comfort.
The Lodge is featured within this advert and is attached to the main farmhouse with a private parking area for two cars and steps down to the cottage. The accommodation is laid out over two levels and comfortably accommodates up to five guests in two bedrooms with the added benefit of a sofa bed in the lounge should more sleeping space be required. Full central heating is provided for year round comfort.
- Main door leading into the hallway with access to the family bathroom and the open plan lounge, dining area and fitted kitchen.
- The lounge area has plenty of comfortable seating, a thirty two inch flat screen television with Freeview and DVD player. There is also an iPod docking station and Wi-Fi for guests use. French windows lead out to the fully enclosed garden and patio area with outdoor furniture and barbeque.
- Kitchen area which is fully fitted with oven, hob, fridge freezer, microwave and integrated dishwasher. There is a dining table and chairs which when extended can seat eight. Additional table and chairs can be provided upon request for larger groups to allow for group dining.
- Doorway from lounge leading to the staircase taking you up to...
- Bedroom one with zip and link king size bed which can be made up as two single beds upon request. There is also a large built in wardrobe/cupboard and twenty two inch colour television with Freeview and DVD player, along with en-suite which has a shower, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail and shaver point by the illuminated mirror.
- Bedroom two with super king size zip and link bed which can again be made up as two singles. There is also an additional single daybed for accommodating a third guest if required making this room ideal as a family room. The second bedroom has a built in wardrobe and chest of drawers, twenty two inch colour television with Freeview and DVD player.
- Shower room with large shower, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail and shaver point.
Additional information: There is a washing machine available by the main house that all guests have the shared use of (free of charge) and iron and ironing board are available on request. Short breaks are available outside high season, and at short notice throughout the year. Free Wi-Fi. A welcome basket including a bottle of wine is provided upon arrival (please let the owners know if you would prefer chocolates instead of wine). Cottages have full central heating. Towels and bed linen are provided along with bathrobes and slippers for all adults.
Group Bookings: Parties of up to eighteen can be accommodated when four of the owners cottages are hired together. It is possible for parties of eighteen to dine together in the Lodge and outside catering can be arranged with enough notice. Beauty treatments can be arranged. All female parties accepted.
Low Season from £345
Mid Season from £460
High Season from £600
Peak Season £690
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+3 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Super King & 1 King - both with zip/link beds to form twins + sofa bed)
Group booking details:
Please note: The Lodge sleeps 4+3 people. The owner has 4 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 18 guests. Dining capacity: 18 (Guests can be seated together for meals).
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Ian Saunders, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Lodge joined Independent Cottages in Sep 2011
Owner's Other Properties
FANTASTIC LATE DEALS Short breaks still available in February and March See Late availability or go to Owners Website
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th August 2017