Weir House - Bruern, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 10Group bookings available: This property is one of 12 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 62 guests
Exclusive discount for Independent Cottages users – Use the code “IC1346” to receive 3% off all bookings (not compatible with any other discount codes).
Winning a number of awards over the years, Bruern Holiday Cottages are the epitome of Five Star self-catering. Offering a choice of twelve sumptuous holiday homes, each with a quintessentially English classic charm, Bruern offers exceptional facilities with all the flexibility and privacy of self-catering.
Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, ancient buildings have been transformed into simply stunning holiday homes, each with its own unique character. Stay for just one night of pure luxury and encapsulate yourself in the beauty that surrounds, or come away with family for a holiday that will form memories to last a lifetime.
An oasis of calm from the moment you arrive, all the right ingredients are provided to ensure you immediately relax and unwind. From the welcome hamper of goodies spoiling you with homemade cake, champagne and breakfast ingredients for the first morning, to extensive spa treatments for some pampering. It's every bit as appealing for the little ones and those in their teens with plenty of space to let off steam, play areas, a games room and fabulous indoor swimming pool, ensuring a safe environment and all weather appeal. There is also an extensive gym for those who struggle to step off the treadmill!
Set within four acres of grounds amidst rolling countryside, Bruern Holiday Cottages offer a taste of classic country living. The standard of accommodation and facilities set Bruern apart from many others but its location is equally as desirable for those who can tear themselves away. Sitting in the golden triangle between the historic Cotswolds towns of Stow-on-the-Wold, Burford and Chipping Norton, there are an abundance of attractions within easy reach.
Spend your days browsing antique shops, independent boutiques and farm shops such as the 'Fortunum and Mason' of the Cotswolds, Daylesford Organic (just over five minutes away by car with a great restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner). Enjoy long leisurely lunches in some of the best traditional gastro-pubs to be found such as The Kingham Plough or Wild Rabbit (both less than ten minutes in the car or a hearty three plus mile walk), The Fox at Oddington, or the Feathered Nest at Nether Westcote (fifteen minutes but the food and views make it worth the drive!).
Bourton-on-the-Water (lovingly known as the 'Little Venice' of the Cotswolds) offers plenty to keep the younger party members amused including The Model Village, Cotswolds Motoring Museum, Birdland and also The Cotswolds Perfumery for adult interest. The Cotswolds Wildlife Park near Burford, Cotswolds Farm Park (home to Adam Henson) at Guiting Power and the Cotswolds Falconry Centre at Batsford Abroretum are also popular choices.
For those with a passion for country houses and gardens, Blenheim Palace at Woodstock (Winston Churchill's birthplace), Shakespeare's homes in Stratford-upon-Avon, Sudeley Castle, Chedworth Roman Villa, Hidcote Manor, Highgrove Gardens at Tetbury and Snowshill Manor are all within easy reach; as is the Roman City of Bath, Cheltenham and the dreamy spires of Oxford city centre.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Weir House Continued
Weir House is the largest of all the holiday homes at Bruern and sleeps up to ten guests in five bedrooms (each with an en-suite).
Approached by its own private driveway, accommodation comprises:
- Entrance hall with stairs taking you up to the first floor, alcove housing a doll's house, rocking horse and dressing up den for the little ones.
- Impressive large kitchen at the heart of the house with exposed roof timbers, range cooker, American style fridge/freezer (with ice and water dispensers), microwave, two dishwashers and plenty of granite topped cupboards stocked with everything needed to self-cater. A large island takes centre stage with stools so you can sit and have a glass of wine whilst keeping the cook company. Underfloor heating keeps the kitchen warm and there are doors taking you outside to the terrace where you can alfresco dine under the natural shade of the pergola.
- To the side of the kitchen with an open-plan style is the dining area with large table and seating for ten. A wonderful place for casual supper or celebratory meal.
- Off the far end of the dining room is the games room with large Plasma television including surround sound, sitting area and doors taking you out to the terrace. This space can be well utilised with the dining area and the addition of two extra tables, to accommodate dining for large groups of up to thirty guests when multiple cottages are rented together.
- Utility room where you can store wet clothes and boots with cloak room including WC.
- Light yet cosy drawing room with impressive large stone open-fireplace and dual aspect views over both the north and south terraces. The perfect place to enjoy a quiet moment or your favourite tipple in front of the roaring flames after supper.
- King-size bedroom with four poster bed, doors providing access out onto the south terrace and en-suite shower room.
- Exquisite twin bedroom with two four poster beds and en-suite bathroom.
- Pretty rose and white twin bedroom with en-suite shower room.
First floor - two bedrooms occupy the whole of this floor.
- Beautiful twin bedroom adorned with drapes that dress the head boards. This room has an impressive en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle.
- Double bedroom with six-foot bed and en-suite shower/bathroom. Like all the others, this room is beautifully presented and provides a tranquil haven to relax at the end of the day.
Outside: There is plenty of outside living with gardens and terraces to the back and front, croquet lawn, play areas for the littles ones and ample off-road parking. Garden furniture, BBQ and sun umbrella provided.
Additional information: Online booking available via the owner's website. Fully flexible breaks from one night to eight weeks available. Prices are fully inclusive of electricity, heating, bed linen, towels and the use of all the facilities (spa treatments are charged separately). Unfortunately, no pets and strictly no smoking. WiFi internet access available.
Low Season from £2436
Mid Season from £3167
High Season from £4538
Peak Season £7200
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 3 Twins - all en-suite)
Group booking details:
Please note: Weir House sleeps 10 people. The owner has 12 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 62 guests. Dining capacity: 30.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Reservations, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Weir House joined Independent Cottages in May 2013
Owner's Other Properties
We would like to offer a 40% late availability discount for bookings made within 4 days of the arrival date. The price on our website reflects this discount.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017