Mulberry Barn - Milford-on-sea, Nr New Forest, Hampshire, England - Sleeps 4
Beautifully presented throughout in a classic stylish manner, Mulberry Barn offers plenty of space and Visit Britain Five Star Gold comfort for four guests (plus two children in cots). Maintained to a very high standard by the owners, Mulberry Barn is perfectly placed in a highly desirable conservation area of the coastal village of Milford-on-Sea in Hampshire. Within easy reach of the New Forest National Park (the boundary is just a mile away), guests can enjoy the best of both worlds with the sea on the doorstep and miles of forest walks close by.
With beautiful views encapsulating Hurst Castle, the Needles and the Isle of wight in the distance, Milford-on-sea is a popular coastal village with immense traditional charm. The village has pubs and restaurants for a meal out as well as a good range of shops around its pretty village green such as a good butcher, fish monger, baker, newsagent and places for an afternoon tea or coffee - just a three minute walk from Mulberry Barn.
Spend your days enjoying woodland or embracing cliff top walks straight from the front door, or hop in the car (or jump on the bike!) and visit the forest with miles of tracks and trails where you will see an abundance of wildlife.
Millford-on-Sea's beach has a classic seaside vibe with colourful beach huts. From here you can walk along the shingle spit to Hurst Castle, a lovely walk with a passenger ferry at the other end taking you to Keyhaven with its bustling harbour, traditional 18th Century pub (the Gunn Inn) and nature reserve.
For days when you want a break from relaxing on the beach or outdoor adventures, there are plenty of attractions and great days out. The Georgian market town of Lymington is only three miles away with its lovely shops, cobbled quayside, eateries and Isle of Wight ferry. Beaulieu (home to the famous National Motor Museum and Beaulieu Abbey) is ten minutes away and from here you can walk to Buckler's Hard, steeped in maritime history. Little ones will love a day at Paulton's Park and Peppa Pig World, Longdown Activity Farm or Bournemouth Oceanarium for an underwater adventure.
The cathedral cities of Salisbury and Winchester are also within easy driving distance, as is Portsmouth with its historic dockyard, the popular seaside resort of Bournemouth, Poole, Corfe Castle and the Purbeck Hills.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
Mulberry Barn Continued
Sitting in a quiet country road (with no through traffic), Mulberry Barn is just a three minute walk from the heart of the village with its many amenities. Within just ten minutes you can be enjoying cliff top walks, or a minutes drive be in the New Forest.
The level of attention to detail shines through the whole house offering child-friendly self-catering with plenty of space to relax inside and out.
- Open-plan yet with three distinct areas, the living space offers everything needed to cook, dine and relax including...
- Kitchen area with breakfast bar and stools, two electric ovens, dishwasher, Gas hob with five rings, big fridge/freezer plus an additional fridge to keep the wine cool!
- Dining area with a table and seating for up to six - a great place for supper where you can chat about the days adventures.
- Sitting area with comfy seating set around a modern inset log burning stove and a wall mounted Plasma Freeview television (plus DVD/CD player, DAB and internet radio). Large glass patio doors let the outside flood in and provide access to the south facing terrace - perfect for alfresco dining.
- Separate study providing a nice quiet place for working, reading or playing with comfy seating and toy cupboard with games for the little ones.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and space for coats and boots.
- Shower room with WC and hand basin.
- King-size master bedroom which affords lovely views reaching over to the Isle of Wight. The bed can also be made up as two singles by arrangement and there is an impressive stylish en-suite with bath (free standing), bidet, WC and hand basin.
- Second bedroom which is also a king-size room with flexibility to be arranged as a twin by arrangement. This has an en-suite shower room.
Outside: The garden is spacious and laid mainly to lawn with a south facing terrace equipped with table and chairs for enjoying the warmer months. A garage provides storage for bikes and outdoor gear and houses sun loungers, BBQ and buckets/spades/crab nets for fun on the beach. The drive is gated with secure parking for two cars.
Additional information: Plenty of toddler equipment is provided including a cot, baby bath, stair gates, high chairs, changing mats etc. Central heating throughout and included in the price. Bed linen, towels, WiFi and electricity also included, as well as a local parking permit that can be used in thirty nine local car parks.
Low Season from £795
Mid Season from £1125
High Season from £1550
Peak Season £1625
Star Rating: 5 Star Gold
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Kings/Twins)
Owner: David Danby, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Mulberry Barn joined Independent Cottages in Oct 2016
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th August 2017