Bartley Barn - East Boldre, Brockenhurst, Hampshire, The New Forest, England - Sleeps 2-8
Bartley Barn offers spacious self-catering accommodation for two to eight guests and is a comfy retreat ideally located in the heart of the New Forest National Park in the village of East Boldre, close to Beaulieu. With its versatile layout, Bartley Barn is cosy for couples, yet can also accommodate up to six guests staying for a full weeks holiday, or eight booking a short break. Dog friendly, Bartley Barn is a good choice for families, extended family groups including grandparents and pet owners.
Sitting in an enviable position right in the heart of the open forest, Bartley Barn affords a superb aspect with lovely views that reach right across heathland. Accessed via the main driveway to Bartley House (where the owners live full time) the barn is just a short walk from Hatchet Pond, a renowned beauty spot with stunning sunsets. The cottage is an ideal retreat for those who enjoy outdoor pursuits with miles of wonderful walking, cycle trails through the forest and horse riding, starting right from the front gate.
Self contained, Bartley Barn is well equipped and a modern barn style building which is also used as a garage by the owner. It is totally separate from the house and offers privacy, with a dog proof patio area which affords sunshine during the summer months from mid morning through to late evening, and overlooks a small pleasant paddock (with ponies sometimes in residence).
Please view our virtual tour which tells it like it is in a way which words can’t!
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Stables/Livery Onsite
Bartley Barn Continued
- Main entrance opening into...
- Spacious dual aspect open-plan living/dining area with comfortable seating (two sofas, one being a sofa bed converting to a double if needed), dining table and six dining chairs, occasional tables, music system, television (with Freeview channels) and DVD player. New for 2016: south facing French windows and doors look out across private sunny courtyard.
- Archway through to well equipped kitchen with electric oven and hob, fitted cupboards, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, table with six chairs, and French doors taking you outside to the decking area.
- Light and spacious dual aspect bedroom containing double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet.
- Shower room, fully tiled with WC, hand basin, towel rail and walk-in cubicle with powerful shower.
- Spiral staircase takes you up to a large, light and airy semi open-plan loft (restricted headroom in the loft) which is divided into two spacious sleeping areas.
- The first is spacious and located behind a partition wall and built in wardrobe, containing a double bed, as well as a chest of drawers beside the bed and sofa.
- The other half of the loft area has two single beds and a very comfortable, extra wide double bed incorporating two single mattresses which can be used as an enormous double or two singles. Bedside drawer units or tables provided for all beds.
Outside: The private terrace is furnished with a simple garden table and chairs, and barbecue. Sun loungers stored inside can be taken out to the terrace. French doors from the kitchen lead out onto a wooden deck just inside the owners’ garden which catches the morning sun and may also be used by guests.
Additional information: Towels and bed linen are provided. Basic consumables provided. Travel cot available. Well-behaved dogs are welcome (an additional small charge applies and dogs are to be kept downstairs). Horses/ponies also accepted – please enquire. The paddock field shelter may otherwise be used for storage of bikes and similar equipment. Outdoor storage is also available for boat trailers by arrangement. The delivery of fresh produce to greet your arrival can be arranged on request. Free WiFi internet access.
Low Season from £450
Mid Season from £650
High Season from £800
Peak Season £950
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2-8 people in 3 bedrooms (Downstairs double, upstairs double & upstairs giant double plus 2 singles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Yes
Catering Available: No
Owner: Jane & Bill Porter, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bartley Barn joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2009
Virtual tour on our website new french doors & south facing courtyard. V
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th July 2017