Peach Cottage - Whatcote, Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
Peach Cottage sits in a quiet location on the edge of historic Whatcote village. It sleeps up to six guests in three spacious bedrooms, all of which enjoy stunning views of the surrounding countryside. This recently refurbished detached property with its log burning fire offers comfort and tranquillity all year round. The large, self-contained, private garden adorned with a selection of mature fruit trees, provides a safe space for children to play, a place to spot local wildlife, an area for outdoor dining and ample room to unwind and relax.
The small parish of Whatcote featured in the Domesday Book and has a population size that has changed little in the intervening years. At its heart is St Peter’s Church, built in the first half of the 12th century. Whatcote also boasts the recently renovated and extremely popular Royal Oak Inn, said to be a hiding place for King Charles during the Civil War. With its fine cuisine and great selection of changing ales this is a must for all guests.
There are a great variety of walks on the doorstep including Macmillan’s Way, Centenary Way and Shakespeare’s Way, along with miles of beautiful, quiet, cycle-friendly country lanes, making this the perfect location for those seeking a healthy, active holiday. Golfers, fishermen and horse racing enthusiasts will similarly be spoilt for choice.
Peach Cottage also provides an excellent base to explore the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with the pretty market town of Shipston-on-Stour just five miles away and the honey coloured villages and historic towns of Chipping Campden, Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water all within a thirty minute drive. Travel ten miles north-west, and you find yourself in Shakespeare’s Stratford-upon-Avon, with its history, theatres, great restaurants, river activities and shopping.
Other attractions within easy reach are Oxford, the "city of dreaming spires"; Cheltenham, with its famous racecourse, Georgian architecture and excellent shopping; magnificent Warwick Castle; Blenheim Palace in Woodstock (the birth place of Winston Churchill) and Bicester Village designer shopping outlet.
All-in-all, Peach Cottage is an excellent base for exercising, exploring, relaxing or getting together with family and friends.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Peach Cottage Continued
Peach Cottage has been completely refurbished to create an extremely comfortable home-from-home. It sits back from a quiet road with a large garden and far reaching countryside views.
- Entry is into a separate hallway off which leads the living/dining room, kitchen and stairs to the first floor. The hallway has space to hang coats and shoes.
- The combined living and dining room runs the length of the house and provides a cosy environment for relaxing. There is a flat screen television with satellite channels and ample seating set around the log burning stove with stone hearth. The owners have also provided a choice of games and puzzles. The dining area is furnished with a large dining table and six chairs.
- The bright modern kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher and microwave. There is also a circular glass table with four stylish bar stools where guests can sit and chat while keeping the cook company.
- A utility room with fridge/freezer and washing machine leads off the kitchen and to the back garden. It is an ideal place to kick off your boots when returning from a relaxing walk.
- There is also a cloak room with WC and hand basin.
There are three bedrooms, each with fantastic views. Two are furnished with a king sized bed while a third has twin sized beds which can be pushed together to create a double.
- Bedroom one is double room with a king-sized iron bed, fashionable furniture including wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet. Views to the church tower, old rectory and beautiful open countryside.
- Bedroom two has a king-sized bed, built-in wardrobe and bedside chests of drawers. There are stunning views to Hell Brake Woods and surrounding countryside.
- Bedroom three has two single beds that can easily be pushed together to form one double. A wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet provide lots of storage. There are spectacular views to the west, ideal for watching the sunset over the rolling hills.
- The modern family bathroom has a shower over the bath, WC and hand basin.
Outside: Peach Cottage has a large, enclosed, private south-facing garden, laid mainly to lawn, where children can play safely. Garden furniture and a barbecue allow guests to make the most of good weather. There is a selection of fruit trees which guests are invited to sample. Guests have off-road parking for up to four cars. There is a lockable place to securely store golf-clubs and bicycles.
Additional Information: The cottage has WiFi and central heating throughout. Prices include bed linen and towels, heating, electricity, and a basket of logs for the fire. Further logs can be purchased from the owner for a small fee. Short breaks (minimum of three nights) may be possible depending on availability. Prices for 3 nights: Low Season £350; Mid-Season £395; High Season £495. No smoking. No pets.
Low Season from £550
Mid Season from £695
High Season from £845
Peak Season £845
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Kings & 1 Twin)
Owner: Carl Hamilton & Dawn Moore, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Peach Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2017
Short breaks available (minimum of 3 nights), please enquire.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 24th September 2017