Roseleigh - Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 9
Roseleigh is a fantastic holiday cottage in the very heart of Stow-on-the-Wold, that has been cleverly refurbished and designed to provide self-catering accommodation for nine guests whilst retaining a cosy cottage feel. With an enclosed stone walled garden with patio, off-road parking and five bedrooms, this large property is ideal for gatherings of friends or family.
Stow-on-the-Wold is a popular historic Cotswolds town that has been built around a market square, providing a real heart and atmosphere to the town, which has an ancient cross as a centre piece, beautiful 15th Century parish church, the original town stocks and fascinating old buildings. Little alleyways where sheep were once driven, allow you to explore the town's historic sights and a short stroll along Well Lane leads you to the Roman Wells - a must for history lovers! There are an excellent range of shops selling everything from antiques and gifts to food and wine and you will be spoilt for choice with pubs, restaurants and tea rooms serving delicious local fare.
Sitting in the heart of the Cotswolds, Stow is a superb base from which to explore the areas many attractions including the pretty Cotswolds villages and historic towns of Broadway, Chipping Campden, Burford, Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham. There are also plenty of stately homes and gardens such as Hidcote Manor Gardens, Blenheim Palace, Batsford Arboretum and Snowshill to name just a few!
The area has much to offer walkers with wonderful walks through rolling countryside from the cottage door. Walk (or drive) to the beautiful village of Lower Slaughter, a real honey trap for tourists with the River Eye winding its way through the centre with small stone bridges acting as crossing points. There is a working mill in the village with a museum and gift shop, along with a hotel with riverside terrace where you can gain refreshments. Walk a little further to Bourton-on-the-Water (lovingly referred to as the 'Little Venice of the Cotswolds'), another real tourist trap with shops, pubs, restaurants and attractions including: Birdland Park and Gardens and Cotswold Motoring Museum. In the other direction you can walk to the villages of Bleddington and Oddington which both have good pubs that are perfect for lunch.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Front door leads into...
- Dining hall with flag floor, fireplace, small sofa for relaxing, television and large table with seating for nine. This is the perfect place for gatherings and supper and also ideal for those who want to escape for a quiet moment with a good book!
- Cosy lounge with exposed Cotswold stone wall, three sofas and a stone fireplace housing an electric effect “wood burning” stove with flatscreen television above.
- Bright and cheerful kitchen which also has Cotswold stone features and a stone floor (underfloor heating), butler sink, oven, hob, red retro fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Master bedroom with Cotswold stone wall behind the king-size bed, chests of drawers, wardrobe and television. This room also has an en-suite shower room with a small basin and WC and overlooks the garden.
- Two twin bedrooms which also overlook the garden with two single beds and original cast iron fireplaces.
- Small single bedroom to the side of the cottage overlooking the small fire station (very quiet and rarely used!).
Outside: The garden is at the front of the cottage and is laid to lawn with a high Cotswolds stone wall. There is a patio with two tables and seating for nine and a parking area for two to three cars in front of the garden.
Additional information: Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels. Well behaved Dogs are accepted at an additional cost of £25 per pet, per week.
Low Season from £725
Mid Season from £1000
High Season from £1375
Peak Season £1625
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card
Sleeps 9 people in 5 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 2 Twins & 1 Single)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Prestige Holiday Cottages (Rachael), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Roseleigh joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2014
Owner's Other Properties
Please contact us for short break availability and prices, generally only accepted from October to the end of March, excluding school holidays unless we have availability closer to the time.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th June 2017