Honey Cottage - Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 4
Honey Cottage is a delightful, period holiday cottage that is perfectly located in the heart of the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. It is an ideal base for exploring the Cotswolds and also suitable for those who do not want to use the car with everything on your doorstep including great restaurants, pubs, art galleries, coffee houses, tea rooms and interesting shops. You can enjoy wonderful walks to pretty nearby Cotswolds villages including The Slaughters, Broadwell, Oddington, Bleddington and even Bourton-on-the-Water - all providing somewhere to have a drink or a meal at the other end!
With a romantic double bedroom and a pretty twin room, Honey Cottage is ideal for couples looking for a romantic break away or families wanting to spend a holiday exploring the many places of interest and attractions that the Cotswolds has to offer. Its pretty little courtyard provides the perfect place for a glass of wine on a sunny evening and the inglenook fireplace with log burner creates a wonderful cosy atmosphere on those more chilly nights, making it ideal all year around.
Honey Cottage dates back to around 1650, and still retains many of its wonderful original features, including the original Cotswolds stone floor, inglenook fireplace and winding stone staircase. These features have been enhanced by the use of lovely traditional fabrics, antique pine furniture and crisp linens to provide a cosy and relaxing atmosphere.
Stow-on-the-Wold is perfectly situated for exploring the Cotswolds, with popular towns and villages such as Chipping Campden, Moreton-in-Marsh (with its weekly market selling local produce), Chipping Norton, Broadway and Burford just a short drive away. Oxford, Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon are also within easy driving distance (a pleasant thirty minutes to one hour drive) and you can even enjoy a day trip to the Roman town of Bath (around one and a half hours), making this an ideal place to base yourself.
The Cotswolds is a beautiful part of England that offers numerous attractions and places of interest including: National Trust properties and gardens such as Snowshill and Hidcote Manor; quintessential English villages; Steam Train railway at Toddington; museums; wildlife parks; Adam Henson’s Cotswold Farm Park and Blenheim Palace to name just a few. With its stunning rolling countryside, pretty villages and honey-coloured stone buildings, it is hardly any wonder it is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and loved by many who return time and time again.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Honey Cottage Continued
- Welcoming sitting room with the original Cotswolds flagstone floor, impressive inglenook fireplace with beam above housing a log burning stove and a big bay window. There is a comfortable sofa, armchairs and also a flat screen television with built in DVD player and freeview channels, along with a cupboard equipped with books, games, iron, ironing board and high chair (plus space for hanging coats and storing boots).
- Well equipped, farmhouse-style kitchen and breakfast room where there is plenty of room to enjoy cooking and socialising. The kitchen is well equipped with microwave, electric oven and hob, fridge (with freezer compartment), washer/dryer, dishwasher, hi-fi, antique pine table/chairs, and all the china, utensils and equipment you may need to prepare and cook a special meal.
- An enclosed courtyard garden leads off the kitchen and provides an ideal place for enjoying lunch or a glass of wine on a sunny day (table, chairs, small BBQ and sun umbrella are provided).
- From the sitting room, the original old enclosed Cotswold stone staircase winds its way up to the first floor. On the first floor there is a bathroom (with white bath, WC, hand basin and electric shower over bath, coordinated with cool pastel wall tiles).
- The first floor also has a pretty twin bedroom in pastel Farrow and Ball shades of blue with lovely cast iron beds and antique pine furniture (including a wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and dressing table/chest of drawers.
- The stairs (these stairs are steep) continue up to a pretty romantic bedroom with double bed (a voil drape at the head of the bed provides a lovely feature), antique pine furniture (including wardrobe and chest of drawers) and skylight which lets the light in and provides views across the old town roof tops and church which looks magical when lit of a night.
Please note: Due to the age of Honey Cottage, there are a couple of low ceiling points and doorways with limited head height. The stairs to the top floor double bedroom are steep and not suitable for people with limited mobility.
Additional information: Electricity, towels (one bath and one hand towel per person), heating and linen are included within the price (please note that logs are not included within the price but can be purchased just up the road). Wi-Fi internet access available throughout the cottage (free of charge). Short breaks (three night minimum) may be available - please enquire with the owner. Small discount may be available if only two guests are using the cottage. A travel cot and high chair have been provided but please bring your own bedding for the cot.
Access by public transport: It is possible to travel to Stow via public transport (trains regularly run from London Paddington to Moreton-in-Marsh and you can easily pick up a 10-15 minute taxi ride to take you to Stow.) There are plenty of lovely shops in Stow where you can buy local produce and also a supermarket within walking distance. With a great selection of pubs and restaurants, lovely walks and a local bus service, this is an enjoyable holiday destination with or without a car.
Low Season from £375
Mid Season from £435
High Season from £525
Peak Season £595
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Romantic Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Sarah Brownfield, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Honey Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Jan 2007
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd May 2017
Approximate Location of Honey Cottage
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book