The Linhay - Beeson, Nr Kingsbridge, Salcombe & Dartmouth, Devon, England - Sleeps 4Group bookings available: This property is one of 5 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 22 guests
A treasure waiting to be discovered……………
Beautifully located in a tranquil valley in an AONB a short walk (one kilometer) from the SW Coastpath and Beesands, a lovely unspoilt village on the beach with a great pub serving excellent food.
Five quality, comfortable, well equipped cottages. (AA 4 Stars) with a “home from home” atmosphere and all with full central heating, ensuites, dishwashers, washing machines and fridge/freezers. Child friendly cottages, some dog welcome, some pet and feather free and some with disabled access.
Wildlife areas with fenced ponds. Play area in the orchard for younger children. Table tennis in a barn.
Wonderful local clean beaches, walking, bird spotting, sea angling, diving and sailing. Interesting nearby towns of Dartmouth, Salcombe, Totnes and Kingsbridge.
Day trips to National Trust houses and gardens, Dartmoor National Park and the Eden Project.
These lovely cottages are recommended by the Guardian, Observer, Express, Mirror and Woman Magazine and have been awarded the Gold Green Tourism Award and achieved Highly Commended in the 2011 GTBS Gold Star Awards.
Short breaks and two person discounts available off season.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Linhay Continued
All holiday cottages are comfortably and tastefully decorated and equipped to a very high standard.
The Linhay sleeps four guests and offers M2 Accredited Access holiday accommodation.
- Sitting in the corner of the courtyard, nicely tucked away, The Linhay affords it's own private garden with patio and stream (fenced) providing a secluded place to sit and enjoy the views over the wildlife pond, nature reserve and countryside beyond.
- A versatile delightful holiday cottage with single level accommodation, The Linhay provides a special place for a family holiday or romantic break for two.
- Spacious light and airy open plan living/dining/kitchen area with oak beamed vaulted ceiling, rugs on the pine floor, log burning stove for chilly nights and two sets of patio doors, one which steps down into the garden and the other leading to the sundeck (wheelchair accessible) which overlooks the pond.
- Romantic master bedroom with king-size four poster bed and en-suite with shower over Whirlpool bath (suitable for double bathing), WC and wash basin (wheelchair accessible).
- Large twin bedroom (leading off the master room) with an en-suite wet room that is wheelchair accessible with WC, wash basin and large walk-in shower including a full size drop down shower seat with armrests.
Additional information: By rearranging the settees, the living room can be transformed into a large dining area accommodating up to twelve people if several cottages are rented together. A price reduction can be offered for two people (off season only) when choosing which ensuite bedroom is required. Bed linen is provided and towels can be hired. There is a play area in the orchard for under 10's and fenced wildlife ponds. Off season short breaks available. The Linhay has M2 Access Accreditation so may be suitable for people with limited mobility (please speak to the owner to ensure the cottage meets your personal needs both inside and out before making the booking).
For larger group bookings: There are five holiday cottages that can be rented together to sleep up to twenty two guests. Hen and Stag parties are not accepted. Dining facilities can be made available in Linhay for 12 guests with the use of a collapsable tabe/chairs and reconfiguration of some furniture. Unfortunately dogs can not be accepted for group bookings. Please enquire with the owner regarding prices for large group bookings.
Low Season from £395
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £720
Peak Season £960
Star Rating: 4 Star
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin)
Group booking details:
Please note: The Linhay sleeps 4 people. The owner has 5 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 22 guests. Dining capacity: 12.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: No
All female groups: No
Catering Available: No
Owner: Louise & Adrian Cross, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Linhay joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Please click through to our website or ring us on 01548 511105 to check prices.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th April 2017
Approximate Location of The Linhay
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book