Corffe House - Tawstock, Barnstaple, Devon, England - Sleeps 16-20Group bookings available: This property is one of 10 properties which, when rented together, can accommodate up to 67 guests
Corffe House is magnificent. There is no better place to gather with your family and friends for a special holiday or celebration than this elegant Grade II listed Georgian country house, which sleeps up to 20 guests with ease, and offers facilities including a tennis court, adventure play area and cinema room. Corffe is a wonderful estate with a choice of top quality holiday homes that can be booked separately or together. There are nine separate cottages plus Corffe House, making it perfect for everyone from couples looking for a romantic retreat, to groups of family and friends who want to be together for a celebration like a wedding yet still have their own space.
Set in an idyllic corner of North Devon, Corffe is just outside the village of Tawstock and close to the vibrant market town of Barnstaple. This is the largest town in North Devon and where you will find a variety of supermarkets (including Asda, Sainsbury’s and Tesco, who all deliver to the property) as well as pubs, restaurants and cafes. The Corner Cafe on Boutport Street is a favourite choice for a tasty breakfast after an early morning swim or surf, or for brunch after a big night.
Barnstaple Pannier Market holds a farmers’ market every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, a craft market on Monday, and antiques and collectables market on Tuesday.
If you can drag yourself away from Corffe’s swimming pool and grounds, you will find a wealth of activities to enjoy in Barnstaple and the surrounding area. Devon’s best beaches, including Woolacombe, Croyde, Westward Ho!, The Tunnels at Ilfracombe, and Saunton Sands are all within easy reach, and there are a number of footpaths and cycling routes that will take you meandering through the lush green countryside. With Exmoor National Park virtually on the doorstep, you are not short of places to be active!
Exmoor Zoo is always fun and gives you a rare chance to see a black leopard up close, or you could visit one of the area’s excellent museums including the Museum of Barnstaple and Arlington Court. Rock Park is a top choice for letting the kids run off some energy while you sit peacefully with a cup of coffee.
North Devon has many lovely villages and towns to discover such as Croyde, Woolacombe, Georgeham, Mortehoe, Lee and Hele Bay. Some are large, others tiny, but all are beautiful and unique.
Whether you are a party of two or a group of twenty or more, you will receive a very warm welcome from the owners of Corffe.
- Internet Access
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Games Room
- Bike Storage
- Tennis Onsite
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Corffe House Continued
Corffe House is an elegant Georgian country house set in five acres of grounds with use of an indoor swimming pool and hot tub. Although the grounds are shared with the other holiday properties on the estate, Corffe House has its own private gardens and is not overlooked, offering guests plenty of privacy.
Corffe House's luxurious accommodation is set over three floors. There are 8 bedrooms sleeping 16 guests, with day beds in some of the larger bedrooms to increase the number of guests to 20.
- Entry is through the grand hallway with a sweeping staircase rising to the upper floors.
- Two reception rooms lead from the hallway, including a small room which is perfect as an additional play space for children, or a grown-up's snug for relaxing and reading.
- The main reception room has an impressive 65 inch Sony TV with a full package of Sky TV channels. There is plenty of comfortable seating and large windows overlooking the garden pond and countryside, and a fireplace.
- A fantastic cinema room features a 3.5 metre screen and 4K projector for watching your favourite films or television shows. There is also a Sony PlayStation VR for top quality gaming. The room includes a 7ft professional standard pool table. If you have teenagers, you’ll probably find them in here!
- The shaker-style kitchen is the sort of space where people happily gravitate, especially in autumn and winter when the AGA provides a gentle warmth (there is also a Rangemaster). The kitchen is well equipped for catering for large groups, including two dishwashers, two fridges, a freezer, microwave, cooking equipment, utensils and plates for up to 20.
- The elegant dining room is furnished in a style that suits the period of the property. With an antique dining table and chairs, and floor to ceiling windows that overlook the terrace and gardens, it is a very special room for celebratory meals.
- Two WCs and a utility room with washing machine and tumble drier are discreetly located on the ground floor.
All bedrooms are light and spacious and furnished to an exceptionally high standard with top quality bed linen and thoughtful touches to ensure your stay is comfortable.
- Three double bedrooms are furnished with king-sized mahogany sleigh beds. They face east and benefit from stunning views across the garden to Codden Hill.
- A fourth bedroom has two full sized single beds and is ideal for either adults or children.
- A large family bathroom features a generous sized bath, separate shower and hand basin.
- A second bathroom has a deep roll top bath, hand basin and WC.
In between the first and second floors is a half-landing with another bathroom that has a bath and shower above.
- Three further bedrooms, all east facing with stunning views, are on the top floor. They each have super-king size oak beds with coordinating furniture and are decorated in soft shades and neutrals to promote restful sleep.
- These bedrooms have interconnecting doors which can be locked for privacy, or left open for families with young children.
- An airy twin bedroom has matching pine beds, bedside table and reading lights, and overlooks the garden.
- There is another large family bathroom on the second floor, as well as a separate shower room.
Outside: Corffe House sits in five acres of beautifully maintained grounds. The house has its own landscaped gardens, terrace and pond. The estate has an all weather tennis court, indoor swimming pool and spa bath, barbeque hut and children's adventure playground. There is a separate parking area.
Additional Information: There is WiFi throughout the property. All utilities, linen and towels are included in the price. No smoking. Well behaved dogs welcome by prior agreement with the host. A stair gate, baby monitor, cot, toddler bed, high chair and step stool can all be provided on request. Short breaks are possible depending on availability.
Low Season from £3500
Mid Season from £3750
High Season from £4350
Peak Season £5250
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Paypal, Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 16-20 people in 8 bedrooms (6 Doubles, 2 Twins)
Group booking details:
Please note: Corffe House sleeps 16-20 people. The owner has 10 properties which, when booked together, can accommodate up to 67 guests. Dining capacity: 20.
Contact owner for group prices
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: Yes
Owner: Jon Malin (Manager), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Corffe House joined Independent Cottages in June 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th August 2017