The Coach House at Greenacres - Bibury, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 2
Our Coach House at Greenacres was designed and built in 2010 with love, care and attention to detail to accommodate a dependent relative and because of this it offers much more than the usual holiday cottage. It is an extension of our family home and we take great pride in being able to offer beautifully appointed accommodation of an exceptionally high standard. If you are looking for the quintessential Cotswold stone cottage with small rooms and limited light through small windows then the Coach House is not for you but if you are looking for a modern beautifully designed and extremely spacious interior that is attractive, light filled, airy yet cosy, then the Coach House is definitely for you! Vaulted ceilings, large windows, a bedroom with a delightful Juliette balcony, underfloor heating and a wood burning stove ensure that guests can be extremely comfortable in the open plan living areas at any time of the year.
Set within our one acre garden the Coach House has lovely front and rear garden views as well as a more distant aspect to our land where sheep graze and further afield incorporating a typical Cotswold landscape. Garden lovers will enjoy their own private garden space as well as being able to appreciate our beautiful garden which is open two or three times a year for the National Garden Scheme, Gardens Open for Charity. Managed with organic principles the garden is a bird paradise and guests in the Coach House can enjoy watching a lovely variety of garden birds. Direct access to Hay Lane means that our wonderful Cotswold country walks are immediately accessible without having to jump in a car. Quiet roads and footpaths will take you to Bibury, Barnsley, Ablington, Winson and Coln St Aldwyns with refreshments available in old attractive and highly regarded country Inns or tea rooms. Bibury, just under a mile away is dominated by the River Coln and the famous Arlington Row Cottages as well as offering the Trout Farm, the Swan Hotel, Post Office, William Morris Tea Rooms, historic St Mary’s Church and the Catherine Wheel pub. Just 6 miles away Cirencester offers a historic market town where markets are regularly held in the sympathetically restored market place and in the Corn Hall. There is a wealth of high quality coffee shops and eateries as well as independent traders offering everything from delicious locally produced food to crafts and gifts. Cirencester is also well served with supermarkets for all those everyday requirements.
There is excellent easy access to many fine National Trust properties including Chedworth Roman Villa and Buscott Park as well as the renowned gardens of Hidcote and Kiftsgate Court. Highgrove at Tetbury is a short drive as is our National Arboretum at Westonbirt. Pretty Bourton- on- the- Water and historic Stow- on the- Wold as well as the Slaughters can be reached by driving through a landscape steeped in history and still populated high on the wolds by the sheep that gave the Cotswolds its name and unique character.
If you love the country as we do, our Coach House will provide you with a memorable, relaxing holiday in exceptional accommodation and beautiful surroundings with friendly and welcoming hosts.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Coach House at Greenacres Continued
The Coach House is located at Greenacres and offers spacious first floor accommodation for two.
- Covered porch leads into the large and attractive entrance hall with feature travertine floor and plenty of space for outdoor clothing.
- Utility room with large sink, washing machine, work surface and storage cupboards.
- Downstairs cloakroom with contemporary white WC and wash basin.
- Stairs rise below the Velux window set high in the roof line to reveal the spacious, comfortable, nicely presented first floor open plan living area.
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, fridge/freezer, electric fan oven, ceramic hob, microwave and extractor fan. Plenty of china, glassware and cooking utensils are provided, along with ample storage space.
- Dining area with extendable table and comfortable dining chairs, opening out into the large sitting area with television, comfortable seating, DVD player and sound system. There is also an attractive wood burning stove for cosy nights in and under floor heating throughout, making it nice and warm under foot. Luxury woollen throws, mood lighting and lovely views of the delightful garden all add to the charm of this comfortable area.
- Double bedroom with Juliet balcony which provides lovely views over the rear garden and fields beyond. With comfortable bed, wardrobe, drawer space, large coffee table, two comfy chairs and television, this room can be enjoyed day and night.
- En-suite shower room with large quadrant shower, WC set in contemporary white vanity unit and large heated towel rail.
Outside: There is an attractive gravelled Courtyard garden with patio furniture and pots providing a perfect place to sit and relax with morning coffee or a glass of wine at the end of the day. The front lawn of Greenacres (where the owners live) is also available for guests to sit and watch the sunset or enjoy a game of putting. The Coach house is accessed through the rear garden and a dedicated parking space is available.
Additional information: Electric, wood for the stove, bed linen, towels and bath mats provided. A welcome tray including tea, coffee, sugar, milk and homemade cake or biscuits is provided. Home grown fresh organic vegetables may be available from the kitchen garden (subject to availability).
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £450
High Season from £500
Peak Season £500
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (Double)
Owner: Liz & Alan Franklin, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Coach House at Greenacres joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2013
All wood for the woodburner is provided free of charge. A lot more details and photographs on our website
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017
Approximate Location of The Coach House at Greenacres
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book