Granary Cottage - Dorstone, Golden Valley, Nr Hay-on-Wye, Herefordshire, England - Sleeps 4+1
Granary Cottage sleeps four guests in two bedrooms (or five with the use of a sofa bed) and sits in the pretty Herefordshire village of Dorstone within the 'Golden Valley' not far from Hay-on-Wye and the Brecon Beacons National Park. Still retaining much original character with exposed beams, stone slit windows inside the cottage and a stone fireplace that houses a wood burning stove (logs provided, along with central heating), Granary Cottage is an ideal retreat for couples, friends and families at any time of the year. A discount of 10% is offered to couples when only one bedroom is needed.
Sitting in a quiet little lane, Granary Cottage is just a two minute walk from Pandy Inn which serves excellent food, and 'Dorstone's Front Room' where you will find tourist information to help you plan your holiday, crafts, gifts and excellent coffee and homemade cake for refreshment – they welcome visitors and love offering tips on where to go and things to do!
Hay-on-Wye, the famous book town is within easy reach by car and offers a great choice of specialist shops to browse, pubs, restaurants and a cinema. The Brecon Beacons National Park is also easily accessible where you can enjoy a vast array of outdoor activities; or discover the many attractions of the surrounding area including historic castles, National Trust properties and gardens and Hereford city with its beautiful cathedral housing the Mappa Mundi. Sitting on the borders of Powys and Herefordshire, there are plenty of great days out and lots of stunning scenery to enjoy along the way!
Whether you enjoy walking, cycling or are looking for a base from which to explore the area, Granary Cottage is an ideal base from which to enjoy everything that this unspoilt beautiful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Granary Cottage Continued
- Large living room with comfortable sofas, wood burning stove (logs included), television, DVD player, CD player and French doors leading out to the garden.
- Well equipped kitchen/diner with fridge, freezer, microwave, electric cooker, ceramic hob and table with six chairs.
- Downstairs cloakroom which also houses the washer/dryer.
- Ground floor bedroom with two single beds which can be linked together and arranged as a king-size bed. This room also has a wash basin, chest of drawers, hanging space and views across the garden.
- First floor double bedroom with chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- Bathroom with bath, wash basin, WC and separate shower cubicle. There is also a spacious airing-cupboard.
- Spacious landing which provides an additional sitting area with sofa bed (if being used as a sleeping area, there is a curtain for screening to provide privacy).
Outside: There is a private garden with south facing aspect, tables, chairs and charcoal BBQ provided, along with plenty of off-road parking at the front.
Additional information: Bed linen and towels provided. Logs for wood burner, in addition to oil fired central heading, included. Also WiFi and unlimited telephone calls to UK landlines. Unfortunately no pets permitted. Short breaks by arrangement with flexible changeover day. 10% discount when only one bedroom required.
Short breaks (minimum 3 nights):
Low Season: £60 per night
Mid Season: £80 per night
High Season: £100 per night
Peak Season: £120 per night
Price for Hay Festival - Please enquire.
Low Season from £315
Mid Season from £420
High Season from £525
Peak Season £665
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4+1 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin/King)
Owner: Kiki & Andy Connor, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Granary Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2013
Stays of 4+ nights 10% discount for one bedroom only and for returning guests - except for 'special offers' - details on website. Flexible changeover day. See our website for 'What our Guests say'
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017