Somers Hiscott - Yarnscombe, Devon, England - Sleeps 12
Somers Hiscott is a superb large holiday retreat sleeping up to twelve guests in six bedrooms located on a private estate in North Devon. Just a few miles from Barnstaple, this impressive property sits on the outskirts of Yarnscombe and offers self-catering for the discerning guest. Whether you are getting away for a few nights to catch up with friends or looking for somewhere special to celebrate an occasion with family, this fantastic property is sure to please.
After being extensively renovated during 2015, Somers Hiscott has been furnished to a very high standard of comfort and style with no expense spared. The welcoming sitting room perfectly blends modern conveniences such as underfloor heating and a large wall mounted Smart television, with classic features including sumptuous furnishings, and a log burner to provide the perfect mix of quality and charm. The superb kitchen is a cooks dream with everything needed to prepare a gourmand meal in a setting to suit with marble work tops, central island, ice on tap and an all essential wine fridge, along with adjoining dining area with plenty of space for all. Four of the spacious bedrooms are en-suite and five offer flexible sleeping with zip and link beds that can be made up as either twins or kings. The immense amount of care and thought that has gone into the presentation of this property shines through in every corner!
On the edge of the small village of Yarnscombe, Somers Hiscott is within easy reach and a short drive of Barnstaple, the largest town in North Devon. Offering an excellent choice of restaurants and shops, the market town is popular with locals visiting to stock up on produce at the market which is open six days a week.
The area is dotted with excellent pubs including two that are close to Somers Hiscott, namely the Hunters Inn in Newton Tracey and the Rising Sun in Umberleigh.
For those seeking the cry of the gull, the glorious sands of Devon's north coast are just half an hour away so why not pack up your picnic and head off to the beach for the day at Croyde, Woolacombe, Westard Ho! or Saunton Sands - all exceptionally popular with families with Blue Flag status. For those who enjoy keeping active whilst away, there are plenty of outdoor pursuits to enjoy including lovely walks, pretty lanes for cycle rides, pony trekking and fishing. Why not try your hand at clay shooting, archery or quad biking and paintball for those feeling adventurous.
For the younger party members, a trip to one of the many attractions such as The Big Sheep or The Milky Way are sure to be a holiday highlight.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Somers Hiscott Continued
- Sitting room which perfectly combines the traditional charm of features such as a log burner, with the elegant style of sumptuous furnishings including three sofas (and purple beanbags adding a splash of colour). With a lovely aspect overlooking the terrace, this gorgeous large room provides the perfect place to relax in front of the fire after supper, or in the summer open up the doors for a drink on the terrace. A large flat screen television blends beautifully into the decor and an X-Box is provided for guests entertainment.
- Kitchen/diner that has immense appeal with its striking black slate floor, contrasting white painted cupboards and stunning marble worktops. A large electric range cooker commands prime position in the kitchen area with other features including a central island, American fridge/freezer (for ice on tap!), coffee machine, wine fridge and even bread and ice cream makers for the more adventurous cooks out there. At the other end of this room is the dining area with table and seating for up to twelve guests.
- Utility room with plenty of space for coats and boots, along with washing machine and tumble dryer. An exceptionally useful space.
- Bedroom six is located on the ground floor, making it ideal for those with limited mobility. Floor level heating makes it cosy underfoot and a queen size bed provides plenty of space for two. This room has lovely views over the garden, flat screen television and an en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Cloak room with WC.
- Bedroom one offers flexible sleeping and can be made up as a king or two singles by arrangement. This room has a television, storage for clothes and an en-suite shower room with large walk in cubicle, heated towel rail, wash basin and WC. Guest can enjoy the lovely aspect of this bedroom looking out over the terrace at the front and woods.
- Bedroom two also offers flexible sleeping with the option to be made up as a king or twin and has a television, clothes storage and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, heated towel rail, WC and wash basin. The large windows in this room let the woodland outside flood in providing a real sense of sleeping in the trees.
- Again with flexible zip and link beds, the third bedroom offers a spacious oasis with neutral colours that create a wonderful feeling of space and tranquility. There is a flat screen television on the wall and plenty of clothes storage.
- Bedroom four shares the family bathroom with bedroom three and has zip and link beds for full flexibility. Hooks on the wall are provided to hang clothes and there is a flat screen television for watching your favourite programme in bed.
- Family bathroom with shower cubicle, heated towel rail, wash basin, WC and bath with taps in the middle.
- Simplistic and spacious, bedroom five has an air of luxury about it with a splash of purple perfectly combined with neutral colours. Bedroom configuration is again flexible in this room and like the others it has a flat screen television, clothes storage and an en-suite shower room with walk in cubicle, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: Somers Hiscott nestles within a Devonshire estate of over forty acres with plenty of space for guests to explore and relax including a lake, woods (beautiful in the spring when ablaze with bluebells) and an orchard. The house itself has its own large garden offering plenty of privacy and space for children (and dogs) to let off steam, lawn areas to relax and terrace with outdoor furniture and BBQ for alfresco dining during the balmy summer months.
Additional information: The property is fully heated with under floor heating on the ground floor and in all shower/bathrooms. Two dogs are welcome at the property. Off-road parking for up to five vehicles. Prices include heating, linen, electricity and towels, as well as logs.
Low Season from £1225
Mid Season from £1225
High Season from £1795
Peak Season £2795
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 12 people in 6 bedrooms (5 Twins/Kings & 1 Queen)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Martin Brown, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Somers Hiscott joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2015
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 18th September 2017