Beckside Cottage - Beckside, Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria, England - Sleeps 7
Beckside Cottage sleeps up to seven guests in four bedrooms and is an exceptionally pretty stone holiday cottage nestling amongst well maintained gardens, in a tranquil position on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales. Well placed for exploring both the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Park, the cottage is equidistant from the historic market town of Kirkby Lonsdale and the Cumbrian Book Town of Sedbergh, providing a wealth of amenities within easy reach.
Perfect for families and couples, Beckside Cottage sits in the beautiful Lune Valley which will officially, in 2016, be part of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Its idyllic position near the River Lune provides all the right ingredients for a relaxing holiday with a large garden to relax amongst stunning scenery during the summer months, and a warming Aga in the farmhouse kitchen and log burner in the sitting room for cosy winter breaks.
The Lune Valley has inspired a number of great painters and poets alike including John Ruskin, Thomas Grey, Wordsworth and Turner. It provides a perfect backdrop for a host of outdoor activities with excellent opportunities for walking, fishing, horse riding and golf. There are also bike rides along the river and quiet country lanes for a gentle cycle (bikes can be stored safely in the utility room).
Kirkby Lonsdale is a small and beautifully formed town with cobbled streets lined by mellow coloured historic buildings. Here you will find a good range of shops for stocking up on provisions (including a Booths supermarket), cafes, restaurants and pubs, along with a weekly market on a Thursday.
With an abundance of attractions within easy driving distance and stunning scenery on the doorstep, Beckside Cottage is an ideal base for exploring the North West of England or simply immersing yourself in peace and tranquility.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Beckside Cottage Continued
- Entrance hall leading off to the large utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and plenty of room to store outdoor gear (including bikes).
- Cosy sitting room with comfy seating, flat screen television, DVD player and fireplace with beam above, housing a log burner - the perfect place to relax at the end of the day in front of the flickering flames.
- Farmhouse style kitchen with beams on the ceiling, plenty of cupboards for storage, warming cream Aga (electric), dishwasher, microwave and dining table with six chairs.
- Double bedroom with wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Additional double bedroom with wardrobe and bedside cabinets.
- Small double bedroom with four foot bed.
- Ground floor single bedroom.
- First floor bathroom with bath, shower, WC and wash basin.
- Ground floor shower room with large shower enclosure, WC and wash basin.
Outside: The gardens surrounding the cottage are beautifully maintained and offer plenty of space for relaxing during the warmer months. There is a large patio with outdoor furniture for alfresco dining, leading up to a raised lawn area with borders, shrubs and a small stone open fronted outhouse.
Additional information: Internet access available. Unfortunately no pets and no smoking. Three night minimum breaks available - please enquire with the owner. Electricity and heating are included in the price, along with bed linen and towels. The cottage affords a peaceful position surrounded by its own gardens but the owners live in neighbouring Beckside Farm so are close by to provide as much or as little assistance as required.
Low Season from £449
Mid Season from £549
High Season from £649
Peak Season £739
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 7 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Small Double & 1 Ground Floor Single)
Owner: Managed By Peter Rushton, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Beckside Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2016
Owner's Other Properties
5% reduction on 14 & 21 night reservations
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th September 2017