Woolstore Cottage - Keswick, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Woolstore Cottage sleeps up to four guests in two en-suite bedrooms and is one of Keswick's oldest buildings that dates back as far as the 1700's. With lots of character, perfectly mixed with modern amenities it is an ideal retreat for couples, families or friends at any time of the year (it also affords enclosed private parking!).
Retaining much original character, Woolstore Cottage has been refurbished throughout to a very high standard and is well equipped. It is rented on a weekly basis but out of the main season short breaks may be available so please enquire with the owner.
Keswick is a popular, picturesque market town nestling at the very heart of the Northern Lakes which makes a great base for exploring the stunning surrounding scenery of the National Park, along with the Solway coast and Hadrian's wall beyond. Whatever time of year, the peace and tranquillity of the area ensures a relaxing holiday.
Nestling between the enormous peak of Skiddaw and the calm waters of Derwent is the Stone Circle of Castlerigg which dates back some four thousand years, majestically overlooking Keswick in its beautiful valley setting. Lead mining, quarrying and even the manufacturing of pencils have all played significant parts in the areas history.
Keswick is small in size yet offers an extensive range of attractions for visitors of all ages. The majority are just a five minute stroll from the cottage including Keswick Museum and Art Gallery; the Cumberland Pencil Museum; Teapottery; Fitz Park; Friars Crag; Hope Park; The Theatre by the Lake; the Alhambra Cinema; Derwentwater Launches; an indoor leisure pool and indoor climbing centre (great for a rainy day!). Keswick also offers an excellent choice of interesting shops to browse and a wide range of places to eat out.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Woolstore Cottage Continued
- Entrance lobby on the ground floor.
- Open-plan living area with: well equipped kitchen offering a dishwasher, Gas hob, electric oven, fridge and microwave; dining area with table/chairs and a welsh dresser; lounge area with comfy seating, Freeview television, DVD player and music system. There is also a selection of books, board games, maps and local walks.
- Under stairs storage room which houses the washer/dryer and a table top freezer.
- First floor twin bedroom with pine furnishings, original stone fireplace, beams and a wardrobe, along with an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin. Prints by local artist Nicholas Leigh also compliment the furnishings.
- First floor WC.
- Second floor master bedroom with dark wood furnishings, king-size bed, fitted wardrobe and ceiling beams plus the original stone fireplace which are attractive features.
- En-suite bathroom with WC, wash basin, bath and walk-in shower.
- The front of the cottage is south facing and has a rockery with patio and garden furniture.
Additional information: Central heating throughout making it cosy all year round. Bed linen and towels included. Travel cot and high chair available. Central location yet private.
Please note that although no pets are allowed, the owners occasionally stay with their dogs.
Low Season from £330
Mid Season from £550
High Season from £620
Peak Season £700
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Andy & Paula McLean, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Woolstore Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2006
Significant alterations undertaken to the cottage since Autumn 2015. feedback - Aug 16 "Your cottage is so lovely/clean/comfortable/practical.Perfect location: very quiet but so close to the town".
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th June 2017