Townfoot Cottage - Elterwater, Nr Ambleside, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Sitting in a courtyard setting, Townfoot Cottage provides a warm welcome to couples (one or two) and families, and is a dog-friendly retreat presented to a high Four Star Gold standard. Offering sophisticated contemporary style with a nod in the direction of its country roots, the cottage has open-plan living with a luxurious kitchen area, plenty of space to dine and comfy seating to relax around the log burning stove at the end of the day.
It is hard to imagine a more picturesque setting for your Lakeland holiday. Wake up in the morning surrounded by the peaks of the fells keeping a watchful eye over the hamlet (stunning when snow-capped in the winter!). Then lace up your walking boots and immerse yourself in the beauty that awaits outside, with some of the area's finest walks to enjoy straight from the front door.
For those who can tear themselves away from the magnificent setting, the many popular tourist hotspots of the Lakes are within easy driving distance. The pretty Cumbrian town of Ambleside is just four miles away with a good choice of shops, pubs and cafes. From here you can catch the Windermere ferry to Bowness and Lakeside, and also visit Stock Ghyll Force (a short walk outside of the town and a stunning waterfall particularly just after it has rained).
Windermere, Hawkshead and Coniston are also within easy reach by car (less than ten miles), and Skelwith Bridge is even closer (you can walk there from Elterwater) and a stunning setting with the Skelwith Force Waterfall walk that is sure to work up an appetite for tea and cake in Chester's fantastic cafe afterwards.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Townfoot Cottage Continued
- Open-plan living room with space to cook, dine and relax. The kitchen area is beautifully presented and equipped to a high standard and has cream units topped with striking dark granite, built-in microwave, electric oven and hob with extractor over, slim-line dishwasher and round dining table with four chairs.
- The sitting area has large windows letting the mountain scenery flood in and provides the perfect place to relax at the end of the day with comfy leather seating set around the log burning stove. There is a flat-screen HD television in an alcove and Blu-ray player, as well as a Bluetooth speaker for docking and enjoying your own music.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge and freezer - a good place for boots and drying wet clothes.
- Two fabulous bedrooms, each with a king-size bed and window seat so you can enjoy the views with your morning tea.
- House bathroom with shower over bath, screen, heated towel rail, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Guests have parking outside the cottage and there is common land adjacent where you can relax when the sun shines amongst the fells.
Additional information: WiFi internet access. Dogs are most welcome as are children. Electricity and heating included in the price as well as towels and bed linen.
Low Season from £525
Mid Season from £625
High Season from £825
Peak Season £950
Star Rating: 4 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (2 Kings)
Owner: Alun Knott, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Townfoot Cottage joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2016
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 10th June 2017