The Granary - Ruthwaite, Nr Ireby, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 5
The Granary accommodates up to five guests and is located in the peaceful tranquil hamlet of Ruthwaite, near Ireby, in the Northern fells of the Lake District. Looking out onto Skiddaw and the Uldale and Caldbeck fells, The Granary is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday yet it is conveniently located within fifteen to twenty minutes car ride from the bustling market town of Keswick.
This characterful, cosy and comfortable barn conversion provides a retreat where you can escape the pressures of everyday life in the peaceful setting of Ruthwaite. This small hamlet is just three miles from Bassenthwaite Lake, famous for its resident ospreys which can be seen in the summer flying, washing, fishing or perching down at the lake. They can also be seen from the nearby viewpoint in Dodd Wood.
Ruthwaite is central for touring the Lake District National Park and also the Solway Firth, South West Scotland, the Scottish Borders and Hadrian's Wall. It is ideally located for those who enjoy walking (walks abound from the front door), fishing, cycling, birdwatching, painting, sailing, golf or simply relaxing on the private, secluded patio, away from it all.
Leisure clubs are nearby, together with Trotters' World of Animals Farm to delight the children. There is free use of a local tennis court and several pubs within the local area offering good food.
Keswick, with all its numerous attractions, is just a twenty minute drive away. Also within easy access are the Western Lakes - Buttermere, Loweswater and Crummock Water. Grasmere, which is at the heart of the Lakes, is just a forty minute drive
The Keswick area offers a whole host of attractions to suit all ages including the Theatre by the Lake, the Puzzling Place, Keswick Launch and Castlerigg Stone Circle which dates back some four thousand years. Outdoor activities are also plentiful with opportunities for golf, water sports, climbing and for the adventurous, paragliding.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
The Granary Continued
- Stable-door entrance to kitchen/diner, fully equipped with a large range of units, along with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, washing-machine, microwave, electric kettle and toaster.
- A door leads from the kitchen into a short passage off which, is a ground-floor single bedroom with an adjacent shower-room including WC and wash basin.
- Four steps lead off the passage into the lounge with two sets of French doors, one facing south to Skiddaw and the other facing east to the Uldale and Caldbeck fells. Both sets of doors open onto the private, secluded patio with garden furniture, raised rockery and open grassed area offering a safe recreational area for children and pets. Television, DVD player and CD player are provided, as are wonderful views!
- Single bedroom.
- An open-plan staircase leads up to...
- Small landing at the top of the stairs leading to...
- Twin bedroom with extra seating. There is an external stable-door, through which are stunning views to Skiddaw. The door opens to an outside set of stone steps leading down to the patio.
- Bathroom with bath, basin with vanity unit and WC.
- Double bedroom.
Additional information: There is Gas central heating throughout and double-glazing. Beds are made up ready for arrival. Gas, electricity and bedlinen are provided at no extra charge. Towels are not provided. Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement, at an extra charge of £15.00 per pet per week (maximum two dogs). Children are welcome but because of steps, the property is not suitable for toddlers. There is no public transport so a car is essential. The nearest supermarkets are in Keswick. It is necessary to bring provisions with you as there is no store in the hamlet. It is possible to arrange a delivery from Tesco by ordering on-line and they will deliver at a pre-arranged time. The owner will be pleased to take in your delivery prior to your arrival if so wished.
Accessibility: There is a bedroom and shower room with WC on the ground floor but please note that there are four steps leading up to the lounge. However, the kitchen, bedroom and shower room are on on the same level.
Low Season from £350
Mid Season from £390
High Season from £530
Peak Season £650
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Double & 1 Twin, 1 Single)
Owner: Margaret Crooks, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Granary joined Independent Cottages in March 2011
Changeover Saturday but other days may be possible at certain times. Discuss with owner.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 17th August 2017
Approximate Location of The Granary
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book