The Watermill - Grizebeck, Nr Coniston & Ulverston, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Watermill Cottage accommodates four guests and is converted from a 19th century Watermill. Affording stunning views of the hillside and fields from the garden areas, a patio area leads to the owners garden which can be enjoyed, with its many areas to sit and view the surrounding hillside. The garden area is very private and enclosed and provides a lovely place to relax.
The holiday cottage provides comfortable homely accommodation with wooden beams throughout and wooden window seats present in both bedrooms to sit and enjoy the views.
Within the Lake District National Park, Watermill Cottage is set in an excellent location for exploring the southern lakes. There are great walks on the doorstep and Broughton-in-Furness is just three miles away where you will find a variety of great eating places, along with an exceptional butchers, greengrocers, bakery and Post Office. Great Cycle rides are within easy reach of the cottage.
- Broughton-in-Furness - an 11th Century town (three miles)
- Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway (nine miles)
- South Lakes Safari Zoo in Dalton-in-Furness (eight miles)
- Lakes Aquarium Lakeside (twelve miles)
- Muncaster Castle Gardens and Owl Centre (twenty three miles)
- Ravensglass and Eskdale Railway the ‘Lil Ratty’ (twenty four miles)
- Ulverston Historic Market Town - the birthplace of Stan Laurel (seven miles)
- Dock Museum in Barrow-in-Furness (twelve miles)
- Coniston Water (six miles)
- Coniston Donald Campbell Museum (thirteen miles)
- Holker Hall and Gardens (fourteen miles)
- Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top Sawrey (eighteen miles)
- Rydal Mount and Gardens - home of William Wordsworth (twenty two miles)
- Dove Cottage and The Wordsworth Museum at Grasmere (twenty five miles)
- Bowness on Windermere with The World of Beatrix Potter and Lake Windermere Cruises (nineteen miles)
- Brockhole Lake District Visitor’s Centre (twenty two miles)
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
The Watermill Continued
- Spacious sitting room, situated upstairs, offering exclusive views over the fields and hills. This room is fully furnished with Flat screen Television with Freeview, DVD player and the Fireplace hosts an Electric Wood burning Stove. There is also a large sofa (sofa bed) and two reclining chairs.
- Kitchen/dining room with wooden beams and stunning views towards the hillside and gardens areas. It has a fully fitted kitchen offering good equipment and facilities, with heated flooring if required.
- Downstairs Bathroom with a new bathroom suit including overhead electric shower, wash basin and toilet. There is also a large airing cupboard.
- Bedroom one has a double four poster bed with window seat.
- Bedroom two is a double groundfloor bedroom with window seat - both bedrooms have been furnished with care.
Outside: A patio area with BBQ leads to the owner's garden which can be enjoyed. There are many areas to sit and view the surrounding hillside in the garden area which is very private and enclosed.
Additional information: The price includes high quality linen and towels together with oil central heating. A good selection of games and books are available. Pets accepted (at an additional charge of £15 per pet). Heating is provided by oil central heating (set times per day) an additional charge will be made for electric via a separate meter reading.
Low Season from £345
Mid Season from £475
High Season from £595
Peak Season £595
Pets: Yes 3 or more dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double four poster rm, 1 Double + sofa bed in sitting rm)
Owner: Angela Athersmith, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Watermill joined Independent Cottages in April 2011
Short breaks also available please enquire Why not visit and explore the tranquil and unspoilt Duddon Valley only 4 miles away!
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 19th September 2017