Round Table Cottage - Far Sawrey, Ambleside, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 8
Round Table Cottage sleeps up to eight guests in five bedrooms and is ideally placed right in the heart of the Lake District National Park. With parts of the main house dating back to the 17th Century, the property has lots of character and has been owned by the same family for over forty years. Round Table Cottage offers a welcoming retreat with plenty of space for two families to relax in comfort, yet its layout lends itself well for smaller families of four.
Comfortable and well presented throughout, the cottage has lots of original character with thick walls and a log burner in the sitting room which is well endowed with beams - a cosy place to relax during the winter months. There is also plenty of outside space to relax and soak up the views when the weather is warmer.
Much loved by the family, Round Table Cottage provides a real home from home atmosphere with everything provided to ensure a relaxing stay. There is plenty of space for the whole party to relax, a laundry for drying and washing outdoor clothes, a well equipped kitchen for self-catering and comfy bedrooms for a good nights sleep (please note that bed linen and towels are not provided so you will need to bring your own).
Set on the quieter side of Lake Windermere, the many attractions of the Lake District are within easy reach. Affording lovely views, the cottage nestles in between Far Sawrey village (which has a great pub within a fifteen minute walk) and the ferry to Bowness. The pretty Cumbrian village of Hawkshead is just ten minutes by car, as is Hill Top, the house of Beatrix Potter (now run by the National Trust).
For those who enjoy walking, the Lake District offers endless opportunities starting straight from the front door with a footpath just three minutes away taking you up to the summit of Claife Heights where you can marvel at the stunning views. You can also hop on Windermere Ferry and then walk to Bowness (twenty minutes once you disembark).
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
Round Table Cottage Continued
- Impressive entrance with beautiful stain glass door that leads to the hallway (where boots and coats can be stored), landing and all areas of the cottage.
Main house - ground floor
- Spacious sitting room with dining area including a table with chairs seating up to eight. Lots of beams and a log burner provide a cosy atmosphere and a Freesat television, DVD player and comfy seating ensure guest relaxation and comfort.
- Kitchen well equipped with electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave and fridge (there is also a freezer in the garage).
- Store room which houses the garden chairs and sun umbrella.
Main house - first floor
- King-size double bedroom with wash basin and windows that let the outside views flood in.
- Additional king-size bedroom.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds.
- Single bedroom.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and WC.
New Block - the 'boat room' mezzanine
- On the ground floor you have a shower room with WC and shower cubicle, as well as access to the utility area which houses the washing machine, freezer and tumble dryer.
- The first floor offers a single bedroom with a sitting area with view down to the lake.
- The garage contains a dedicated laundry area and has space for bikes to be securely stored.
Outside: Off-road parking in front of the garage for two cars comfortably and three at a squeeze, with additional parking up the lane (only one hundred yards). The cottage has a nice garden on each side of the property with outdoor furniture allowing you to sit outside and enjoy the views or an alfresco meal.
Additional information: WiFi internet access. Dogs by arrangement (they must be kept out of bedrooms and an additional charge of £30 may apply). Heating, electricity and logs are included in the price. Please bring your own bed linen and towels as they are not provided (there are two king-size beds and four singles). Tea towels provided. Friday and Monday are the normal changeover days but the owner will try to be flexible if possible.
Low Season from £510
Mid Season from £720
High Season from £825
Peak Season £965
Pets: Enquire with owner
Changeover Day: Mon/Fri
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 5 bedrooms (2 Kings, 1 Twin, 2 Singles)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Adrian Beney & the Revd Canon Dana Delap, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Round Table Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2016
Rates quoted are for a whole week. 3 nights Friday - Monday are 60% of weekly rate. 4 nights Monday - Friday are 70% of a week's rate.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 11th August 2017