Peel Cottage - Glenridding, Ullswater, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 4
Peel Cottage has recently been extensively restored and refurbished to provide comfortable holiday accommodation for up to four guests in two bedrooms.
This 19th Century miners cottage is situated in the picturesque lakeside village of Glenridding within the Lake District National Park and has stunning views in all directions which can be best enjoyed from the large private and secluded garden which is a sun trap during the warmer months.
The cottage is ideally suited for anyone who is looking for a relaxing holiday amongst beautiful surroundings; for those wanting a walking holiday or for those who want to explore the many attractions and delights that the Lake District has to offer. Literally from the very doorstep you have great walks over the surrounding fells (including the mighty Helvellyn) or in direct contrast, you have the tranquillity of Ullswater, with its steamers, sailing and hire boats on the most beautiful lake in the National Park.
Peel Cottage is conveniently located within a three to five minute walk from a good range of local amenities including shops, tourist information centre, garage and two local village pubs.
This is a great place to base yourself for exploring the Lakes and a lovely place to return home too of an evening where you can relax in a peaceful setting.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Peel Cottage Continued
Peel Cottage dates back to 1890 and was formerly a miners cottage. Today the cottage has been extensively refurbished to provide extremely comfortable accommodation for up to four guests, split over three levels.
- Lounge with two comfortable two seater leather settees, log burner, flat screen television and DVD/CD players.
- Well equipped kitchen/dining area with dishwasher, oven, electric hob (with extractor over), fridge/freezer and dining area with a table/chairs which extends to seat six.
- Utility room where you can store coats and boots with microwave, washing machine and tumble drier for freshening up clothes.
- Bedroom one with king-size bed, television, DVD player and plenty of storage.
- Shower room with WC and hand basin.
- Second bedroom with ensuite bathroom. This room has two single beds, television, DVD player, ample storage and en-suite with bath, shower mixer, toilet and washbasin.
Outside: South west facing garden with patio area. There is storage for bikes and on road parking.
Additional information: The cottage has oil fired central heating and hot water, along with Wi-Fi internet access. Electricity, oil and initial log supply included. Travel cot and child's booster seat available (no cot linen provided). Linen provided (inc towels and tea towels). Sorry - but for the comfort of guests, this is a no-smoking establishment and unfortunately pets are not allowed.
Low Season from £375
Mid Season from £495
High Season from £545
Peak Season £595
Changeover Day: Friday
Please enquire with owner
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Twin)
Owner: Carol & Andy Lavin, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Peel Cottage joined Independent Cottages in June 2010