Little Byre - Baggrow, Nr Keswick, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 3
Little Byre is a delightful character holiday cottage that affords beautiful, uninterrupted views across open countryside towards Skiddaw. Located in the quiet hamlet of Baggrow in Cumbria, it offers a haven of peace and tranquillity, whilst being within easy reach of popular tourist areas such as Keswick. An ideal base from which to explore the Lake District and the Cumbrian coastline.
Furnished and equipped to a high standard, Little Byre is surrounded by the wonderful scenery of the Northern Fells and Lakes. It is the perfect place to simply relax and also ideal for visiting the Cumbrian towns of Keswick, Silloth, Cockermouth and Whitehaven which are all within easy reach.
After a day enjoying the seaside, walking the fells, or visiting the many attractions of the Lake District, what could be better than to come home to a peaceful retreat where you can escape the crowds and simply unwind and relax. In the winter months you can curl up in front of the cosy living flame fire and in the summer watch the sun go down as you sit and enjoy the spectacular view.
For those who want to stay locally and enjoy the wonderful countryside, there are plenty of walks from the cottage and the adjoining villages of Baggrow and Blennerhasset offer The Grey Goat Pub (Baggrow) and a small children's playground (Blennerhasset).
Alternatively, venture a little further afield and visit the areas many attractions including: GoApe – A high wire forest adventure course in Whinlatter Forest; Trotters World of Animals where you can watch amazing flying displays or enjoy the play areas and animal handling; watch the Ospreys and their spectacular displays from a special viewing platform at the Forestry Commission’s Whinlatter Forest site; visit the Pencil Museum at Keswick where you will be taken through the fascinating history of the pencil or browse the weekly markets at Keswick and Cockermouth.
Whether you want to simply relax amongst beautiful scenery or explore Cumbria and its many delights, Little Byre provides a very comfortable holiday retreat where you are sure to have a memorable holiday.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
- Horse Riding Nearby
Little Byre Continued
Little Byre is deceptively spacious and provides the following facilities:
- Living/dining room with a large flat-screen television/DVD/CD player (and a selection of DVDs), comfy leather seating and a cast-iron living flame Gas fire which provides a cosy atmosphere at the flick of a switch. A dining table (which is extendable) seats four guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen which offers an electric cooker, washing machine for freshening clothes, microwave, fridge/freezer and lovely views over the fields with Skiddaw making a lovely backdrop in the distance (see the photo above), making washing-up a pleasure!
- King-size master bedroom nicely presented with ash furniture and dressed with lovely cream and red bedding.
- Single bedroom to the rear of the cottage affording more of those lovely views over Caldbeck Fells towards Skiddaw.
- Family bathroom with shower over the bath, WC, wash basin and shaving point (fluffy white towels provided for guests).
Outside: There is a little enclosed terrace which affords a south facing aspect with patio table and chairs - a lovely place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine whilst enjoying the view.
Additional information: All bed linen and towels are included along with Gas and electricity. Full gas central heating throughout the cottage and double glazing to ensure it is warm all year round. A high chair, cot and staircase gate can be provided if needed. Sorry but the owners do not allow pets and Little Byre is strictly non-smoking.
Low Season from £275
Mid Season from £325
High Season from £365
Peak Season £440
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 3 people in 2 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Single.)
Owner: Margaret Roche, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Little Byre joined Independent Cottages in March 2010
Now with WIFI
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 22nd September 2017