Hallflat Farm House - Santon Bridge, Wasdale, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 8
Hallflat Farm House sleeps up to eight guests and offers spacious holiday accommodation that affords wonderful views over Wasdale. With two woodburning stoves and oil fired central heating the Farmhouse ensures a cosy welcome at any time of the year. The original farmhouse for Hallflat Farm, the house dates back to the 18th century. Located in spectacular Wasdale within the Lake District National Park, the house provides an ideal base from which to explore the beautiful western fells and lakes away from the crowds that some of the more touristy locations attract.
An easy walk from the house gives access to the open fell which leads to the Wastwater Screes and beyond to the Scafell range. The area also offers plenty of low level walks through open countryside and woodland, alongside lakes and rivers - with delightful country pubs along the way (the closest pub is The Bridge Inn, just three hundred and fifty yards from the house which serves food and welcomes children and dogs).
The area offers plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy including: fishing, horse riding, golf, sailing, mountain biking and swimming - all available in the vicinity. It also has many attractions to visit including: Hardknot Fort (English Heritage) which dates back to Roman times, sitting in a spectacular position; Muncaster Castle with its historic house, gardens and owl centre providing a great day out for the whole family and the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway - one of the most scenic of its kind and a lovely way to see the sights of the Eskdale Valley. The more well known centres of Windermere, Keswick and Ambleside are also within reach, but far enough away for the western lakes to retain their own unspoilt and individual character.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Hallflat Farm House Continued
The Farm House is a fascinating old building which is accessed via the courtyard and offers the following accommodation and facilities:
Lower ground floor
- Porch/boot room where you can store walking boots, coats and outdoor gear.
- Spacious well equipped farmhouse style kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, eye level oven/grill, hob, microwave, kitchen table with chairs, range for cooking (wood burning) and washing machine for freshening up clothes if needed.
- Dining room with table and seating for eight which was once the larder and salting room (the old salting sandstone trough is still there adding to the character!).
Upper ground floor
- Living room with comfy seating, Freeview television, DVD player, CD player and wood burner for cosy nights in front of the fire, leading to a porch providing separate access to the back of the property.
- King-size bedroom with lovely views over Wasdale and en-suite bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom two which has even more spectacular views over Wasdale, with aking-size bed and en-suite bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom three offers flexible sleeping with a super-king bed that can also be made up as two singles if required, and an en-suite shower room with WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom four also has a bed that can be arranged as two singles or a super-king and is a large attic room with lovely views over Wasdale that can be seen from the Velux windows. Like the others, this room also affords an en-suite with bath, WC and wash basin.
Outside: Guests can enjoy the sunshine during the afternoon from the lawned area of the Farm House (a good place for the children to let off steam). Outside furniture and barbecues are provided.
Additional information: Free Wi-Fi internet access now available. The Farm House has a pressurised hot water system ensuring powerful showers, and oil fired central heating and wood burning stoves make it warm and cosy all year round. Pets by arrangement (an additional charge of £10 per dog). Prices include gas, electricity and bed linen but not towels. The Farm House may be available for short or weekend breaks at any time. Discounts may be available for smaller parties.
Low Season from £590
Mid Season from £690
High Season from £745
Peak Season £950
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Kings & 2 Super-kings that can be split into 2 single beds making each room a)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Tony Sartorius, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Hallflat Farm House joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2011
Owner's Other Properties
Stop Press!! - WiFi now in all cottages. See our website for lower occupancy rates and short breaks outside school hols.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th August 2017