Westward Ho - Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 6
Full of elegant charm, this fabulous holiday home affords an exceptional position overlooking Lake Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District National Park. Sleeping up to six guests in three exceptionally comfortable bedrooms, Westward Ho sits in one of the area's most desirable locations and is a superb choice for a Lakeland holiday whether you are going away with family or friends.
With a large garden that leads down to the jetty and water's edge, a cosy sitting room with open fire, well equipped kitchen and dining room where you can dine whilst looking out over the lake, Westward Ho is every bit as special inside as it is out.
Spend your days soaking up the views and relaxing in the tranquility that surrounds the property, or get out and about and explore the area with an abundance of attractions close by. Lace up your walking boots and enjoy fabulous walks straight from the front door, or hop on the Hawkshead Ferry and discover the beauty of the west side of Lake Windermere. For those with their own boat, you can launch just half a mile away, with mooring available on the private jetty at the bottom of the garden.
Within just a couple of minutes by car you can be in Bowness or neighbouring Windermere which offer an excellent range of shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. Hire a boat and explore the shoreline under your own steam, or take a Lake Cruise for a relaxing way of seeing the sights.
Alternatively, simply stay put and enjoy the magical lake setting from your own little oasis of calm at Westward Ho.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Waterside Location
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
Westward Ho Continued
- Entrance hall leading off to a cloak room with WC.
- Sitting room which affords a wonderful aspect looking out over the lake. Deep plush sofas ensure guests can relax in comfort whilst watching the television and flames flickering in the open fire (iPod docking available for music).
- Kitchen well equipped with everything needed for self-catering including dishwasher, microwave, fridge (and freezer) and electric oven/hob.
- The utility room houses the washing machine and tumble dryer, leading to garage/bike store, which provides space to store coats and boots.
- Dining room off the kitchen where you can catch up on the days adventures whilst soaking up the lovely views of the lake.
- The sun room is perfect for morning coffee or for use as an additional sitting room with television and comfy seating. Doors lead out to the terrace.
- En-suite super-king size bedroom with shower room including WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Flexible bedroom with two single zip and link beds that can alternatively be made up as a super-king by prior arrangement with the owner. This room has a Freeview television and also has an en-suite shower room.
- The third bedroom has a super-king size bed and shares a landing with the large shower room with WC, wash basin and heated towel rail.
Outside: The terrace is equipped with outdoor furniture and barbecue so you can enjoy alfresco dining whilst soaking up the wonderful views. There is a lawned garden, leading to private lake frontage (this is fenced and accessed via a gate) with a jetty. Bike storage is available and there is off-road parking for three vehicles plus a trailer if bringing a boat (please contact the owner for information and advice if you would like to moor on the jetty).
Additional information: Gas Central heating throughout keeps the house cosy all year round. Prices include heating, logs, electricity, bed linen, towels and WiFi. Welcome pack provided upon arrival. Sorry but no pets, no children (apart from babies in arms under twelve months of age) and no smoking.
Low Season from £886
Mid Season from £1068
High Season from £1429
Peak Season £1900
Changeover Day: Sunday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (2 Super-kings & 1 Flexible Twin/Super-king)
Owner: Neil & Andrea Pullin-Turner (managers), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Westward Ho joined Independent Cottages in April 2017
Owner's Other Properties
Outstanding, & new to the market. A fabulous opportunity to experience an exceptional lakeside home, Winter long-weekends available, 3 or 4 night breaks, with late checkout.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st September 2017
Approximate Location of Westward Ho
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book