Herdwick Heft - Ambleside, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 2
Herdwick Heft sleeps two guests and is a cosy, romantic Lakeland cottage apartment, dating back to the 1800's that is ideally placed just a minute’s stroll from the very heart of Ambleside in the Lake District National Park. Beautifully furnished with immense style throughout, the apartment offers everything needed for couples to enjoy exploring the Lake District with a welcoming retreat to return home to at the end of the day.
This is an ideal location for those who prefer not to use the car, and it is also a great touring base. On foot from the cottage, you can enjoy a variety of walks to the lakes, fells, and rivers nearby or take a short drive further into the mountains for higher more challenging walks and vistas. Ambleside has an excellent range of amenities including Zeffirellis, a five-screen cinema with chic dining and jazz club, fantastic pubs, great shops to browse, and a good choice of restaurants.
Should you wish to fish, cycle, climb, or hike, the surrounding area offers plenty of opportunities and is a spectacular outdoor playground. History lovers will be in their element as the area has plenty of historical and literary links including Wordsworth, Ruskin, and Beatrix Potter. For lovers of fine ales, there are no less than thirty breweries and micro breweries dotted throughout Cumbria to whet your palette, including nearby Hawkshead Brewery based in Staveley Mill Yard offering great food and brewery tours.
If it’s fine dining you enjoy, how about a Michelin style experience at L’Enclume in Cartmel, just south of the lower reaches of lake Windermere or Holbeck Ghyll between Windermere and Ambleside. The historic houses of Lowther, Holker, Brantwood, and Rydal Mount make for exquisite days out and are only a short distance from Herdwick Heft or why not take in a play or performances at The Old Laundry Theatre in Bowness, The Theatre by the Lake in Keswick, or The Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal.
The choices are endless, and with so much stunning scenery on the doorstep and so many attractions, you can do as much or as little as your heart desires.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Herdwick Heft Continued
Accommodation is on the ground floor with level access and comprises:
- Entrance porch with space for hanging coats and storing boots.
- Cosy, chic lounge and dining area with bistro table and two chairs. Large comfy sofa dressed with scatter cushions and woolen throw make it the perfect place to snuggle up and a televisioin, DVD player and radio/CD player with Bluetooth (inc iPod connection and lead) are provided for guests entertainment.
- Also part of the open plan living is the beautifully presented and generously equipped kitchen with ceramic four-plate hob, electric fan assisted oven, microwave, and fridge with freezer compartment (iron, board, and clothes airer are also provided). A large walk-in pantry provides plenty of storage space and an additional storage cupboard houses the washing machine for those who need to freshen up clothes while away.
- Sumptuous double bedroom with floor to ceiling, mirrored fitted wardrobes providing plenty of clothes storage. There is also a television/DVD player in the bedroom and glorious Lakeland views that you can marvel at while laying in bed.
- Ensuite shower room with powerful shower, tiled underfloor heating, WC, wash hand basin, and heated towel rail.
Outside: There is a small seating area outside. Private shared off-road parking for one car available.
Additional information: Prices include duvet, two pillows per person, extra blanket, all bed linen, bath and hand towel per person. Unfortunately no children, babies, or pets, and no smoking inside or outside the property. Not suitable for wheelchairs but possibly those with limited mobility because the apartment is all on the ground floor with easy access. Wi-Fi internet access included in the price. Wooden floors throughout. Central heating and double glazing keep the apartment warm and cosy all year round. Three and four night breaks are available. Please email the owner for details. Changeover days are normally on a Friday and Monday but the owners try to be flexible where possible.
Low Season from £349
Mid Season from £449
High Season from £499
Peak Season £510
Changeover Day: Flexible
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 2 people in 1 bedroom (1 Double)
Owner: Amanda Etherington, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Herdwick Heft joined Independent Cottages in Nov 2015
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 5th September 2017
Approximate Location of Herdwick Heft
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book