Bawd Hall - Newlands, Nr Keswick, Cumbria, The Lake District, England - Sleeps 10
Bawd Hall is located in an enviable peaceful position within the Newlands valley, in the very heart of the North-West Lake District.
Situated some 750ft up on the fell-side, this delightful holiday home affords views across to Maiden Moor, Hindscarth, High Spy and Robinson. It provides a secluded retreat for large parties, with the added benefit of having easy access to the Lakeland fells and mountains, as well as the major towns and many attractions of the area.
The nearest town is Keswick which is approximately six miles away (fifteen minutes drive) and has an excellent range of shops catering for the walker's every need, as well as many pubs, restaurants and a good supermarket (Booths).
Cockermouth, a vibrant market town is just twenty minutes from Bawd Hall and was the birthplace of Wordsworth, along with being the home to Jennings, Cumbria's most popular brewery. The town offers a good range of pubs, restaurants, general shops and a Sainsbury's supermarket. If you don't want to shop then you can get Tesco.com to deliver groceries to the door!
The Lake District is a wonderful place to explore on foot and there are a large number of excellent walks straight out of the house to suit all energy levels, from a simple stroll to a strenuous hike. The area offers a whole host of outdoor activities including: cycling the fells (where permitted), or along the quiet roads between Newlands, Derwent Water and Borrowdale; mountain hiking with the North-Western and Buttermere Fells within easy reach; sailing, rowing, canoeing or simply cruising the lakes; horse riding and climbing or abseiling.
Alternatively, if you are seeking relaxation of a less strenuous form then the coast north of Maryport has a number of excellent sandy beaches or you could visit one of the many historic houses and gardens within the area.
Located in such a beautiful peaceful position, yet within easy reach of so many attractions and places of interest, this is an ideal holiday home for large groups of friends or family who want to visit this beautiful part of the country.
- Internet Access
- Open Fire
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Bawd Hall Continued
- Bedrooms: Upstairs are four bedrooms, one with a super-king four-poster bed, two twin bedrooms with beds that can be arranged as two singles or a super-king when linked together, plus one super-king bedroom. There is also a ground floor king-size bedroom. Bed linen and towels are provided, some rooms have chairs for relaxing and many items of furniture are solid oak and have been custom-made.
- Spacious kitchen/dining room with double oven and ceramic hob, extractor, integrated fridge and dishwasher. The water is purified and supplied via a private resource.
- Dining area (adjoining the kitchen) with seating for ten guests.
- Very spacious lounge with plenty of comfy seating, open fireplace, television, DVD and HiFi.
- Opposite the lounge is the Garden Room with full-width picture window where you can take in the wonderful views.
- Four bathrooms so no queuing in the mornings! All have baths, showers, WCs and wash basins. Three are on the first floor (two are en-suites) and one is on the ground floor and can be used as an en-suite to the ground floor king-size bedroom.
- Separate utility room with washing machine, fridge/freezer and butler sink - a good place to hang wet coats and store boots etc.
- Upstairs drying room opposite the large airing cupboard with tumble dryer and plenty of space for drying clothes.
- The house affords ample storage space including a large area under the stairs and a double garage housing a table-tennis table, providing lockable storage for bikes and outdoor gear.
Outside: The garden is a wonderful place to relax with pretty beck, BBQ for watching the sun set and gorgeous views across the valley and beyond to the mountains.
Additional information: The house has central heating. No smoking. Pets are welcome but strictly by arrangement. A travel cot is provided.
Low Season from £990
Mid Season from £1350
High Season from £1970
Peak Season £2270
Star Rating: 5 Star
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms (1 Super king fourposter, 1 Super king, 1 King, 2 Twins with linkable beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Alison Evens, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Bawd Hall joined Independent Cottages in Feb 2010
Short breaks available in low and mid-season. See www.bawdhall.co.uk for details.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st August 2017
Approximate Location of Bawd Hall
The owner has requested that the exact location not be shown, please contact the owner for the precise location of Bawd Hall