If you are thinking of wooing the lady in your life why not choose a luxurious country cottage for a romantic short break? Tucked away from all the hustle and bustle, you will be able to spend some quality time together in peaceful and scenic surroundings. Winter is a particularly romantic time as you can go for winter walks, visit some pretty Christmas markets or stay indoors and cook a delicious meal for two.If you are a man that is yet to prove your cooking capabilities, show your partner how it is done and prepare a gourmet meal for two. You may have plenty of sneaking around to do; trying to buy all the correct ingredients and practicing each dish, but it will be worth it in the end. After all the hard work, at least you can devour the meal too!
Why not go for a seasonal recipe and cook a joint of delicious roast goose with prunes in Armagnac, served with creamy quick and easy dauphinoise potatoes? To impress your partner even more, prepare your own homemade chocolate truffles to enjoy with an after dinner coffee or even have a go at making these fun Christmas cake pops on sticks.
What else can you do to ensure you have the perfect stay?
- If staying in a cottage is a treat for your loved one, make it as stress-free as possible by planning in advance to ensure you have everything you need to make it extra special. Pack up the car; make sure you have your food supplies and a bottle of champagne to get your stay off to a great start!
- On the subject of food supplies – how about everything you need for breakfast-in-bed for the first morning.
- You could ask the owner to arrange for some flowers to be put in the cottage ready for arrival.
- Why not buy some pampering bath time treats for a long relaxing bath and some good magazines to keep your loved one occupied while you prepare that special supper!
- You can’t go wrong with an expensive bottle of wine so make sure you have chosen wines that will compliment the dishes you are cooking.
- Take a romantic film to cuddle up on the sofa and watch.
- How about a thoughtful ‘holiday gift’ to open and an element of surprise on the first night. A new cosy pair of pyjamas to snuggle up in, her favourite perfume or a new romantic novel to read.
- If the cottage you have booked has a fire, make sure they supply logs or for extra ‘Hero Status’, why not take a net with you?
- Lastly, make sure you find the right holiday cottage to suit your individual needs. For that extra surprise factor why not book a holiday cottage with a four poster bed or a hot tub, ensuring you both have a thoroughly relaxing stay.
Independent Cottages has wide range of romantic cottages to choose from with something to suit all budgets including luxury and cosy. Whether you want to treat a loved one or celebrate a special occasion we are sure to have a suitable cottage for you. Many are situated in very beautiful areas so allow the setting to do the talking whilst you make sure that everything goes to plan!