Melrose Cottage - Fylingthorpe, Robin Hoods Bay, North Yorkshire, The North York Moors, England - Sleeps 4
Melrose Cottage sleeps up to four guests in two bedrooms (plus baby in a cot) and is a charming holiday cottage located in the quiet village of Fylingthorpe, close to the ancient and popular fishing village of Robin Hoods Bay within the North Yorkshire Moors.
The location is equally as perfect for those looking for an activity based holiday as it is for those seeking relaxation and Melrose Cottage is generously and comfortably equipped to cater for all ages.
Fylingthorpe is five miles from the ancient sea port of Whitby and sixteen miles from Scarborough. It is a great holiday destination for those who enjoy walking, cycling and those seeking peace and quiet, a beach holiday or a base from which to explore the many local attractions.
Robin Hoods Bay with its maze of tiny streets and history in smuggling, is just half a mile from Melrose Cottage and can be easily walked within ten to fifteen minutes whilst taking in the spectacular sea views across to Ravenscar and Stoupe Brow.
Fylingthorpe has a shop with a good range of supplies, a butchers and bakers, a Methodist Church and a pub and Robin Hood's Bay offers a wide selection of places to eat.
The Scarborough-Whitby bus stops in the village, making this a suitable holiday destination by the sea for those who want to leave the car at home.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Beach Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Washing Machine
- CD Player
- Accessible via Public Transport
Melrose Cottage Continued
Melrose Cottage sleeps four guests and is the end of a row of four attractive cottages sitting on a country lane within a short walk of the village amenities. Affording a sunny south facing aspect, accommodation and facilities comprise:
- Entrance porch where you can leave shoes and boots.
- Sitting room with two sofas that each seat two, flat screen television and coal effect Gas fire providing a cosy environment in an instant.
- Spacious fitted kitchen which has a dining area with seating for four, along with a washing machine, oven with extractor over, microwave, fridge and plenty of cupboard for storage (there is a freezer in the cupboard under the stairs.
- Double bedroom decorated and presented in cool colours with flat screen television, large wardrobe, chest of drawers and occasional chair.
- Twin bedroom with two single beds, wardrobe and occasional chair.
- Family bathroom with bath, WC, wash basin and shower cubicle.
- Please note that at the bottom of the staircase there is a door and at the top a stair gate for the safety of little ones.
Outside: There is an enclosed long garden with lawn area and seating - a nice place to relax on a sunny day with a good book or glass of wine and plenty of space for the little ones to play.
Additional information: Central heating keeps the cottage warm throughout the year. Heating, electricity, towels and bed linen are included in the price. Cot and high chair provided. Wi-Fi internet access available for those who wish to bring their laptops. On-road parking available next to Melrose Cottage. Strictly no smoking or pets.
Low Season from £340
Mid Season from £465
High Season from £535
Peak Season £625
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms (1 Double, 1 Twin + Cot)
Owner: Paul Broadberry, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Melrose Cottage joined Independent Cottages in July 2010
We will always call you to discuss your needs before finalising a booking. We always aim to meet you at the cottage in person to show you around. Sorry, we do not take short breaks.
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 23rd June 2017