Fairlie - Bourton-on-the-Water, Nr Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 8
Fairlie is an attractive holiday home sleeping up to eight guests and sits in an enviable position on the banks of the pretty River Windrush in the heart of Bourton-on-the-Water. Nicely presented, this characterful cottage boasts generously sized rooms enhanced by period features including stone mullion windows, flagstone floor in the hall and stone fireplaces.
Positioned centrally within the Cotswolds, Bourton-on-the-Water provides the perfect base for exploring the area and is easily accessible being within close proximity of the M4, M5 and M40. The village has been voted one of the prettiest in the country due to its attractive setting. With historic Cotswold houses lining the village green bordering both sides of the River Windrush, people often gather to enjoy a picnic, feed the ducks or browse the independent shops.
Steeped in history, the village dates back to pre-Roman times and displays architecture that is unique to the area with an abundance of honey coloured properties and lovey little bridges that cross the River Windrush.
Bourton-on-the-Water itself offers a good range of attractions including: the popular Birdland Park and Gardens; The Model Village; Cotswold Perfumery where you can learn how to make perfume; Cotswold Motoring Museum and Toy Collection (home to Brum!); The Dragonfly Maze and Bourton Model Railway to name just a few. There are also plenty of attractions nearby including the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold; the pretty Cotswolds villages of Burford, Chipping Campden and The Slaughters, along with Stratford-upon-Avon, Hidcote Manor, Cotswolds Wildlife Park, Blenheim Palace, Sudeley Castle, Cotswolds Farm Park and Painswick Gardens.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Satellite/cable TV
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Spacious kitchen/dining room with fitted units and plenty of appliances including dishwasher, microwave, electric oven/hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge and freezer. There is also a dining table seating all eight guests and a fireplace featuring an electric fire.
- Sitting room which has a lovely aspect looking over the River Windrush. Plenty of comfy seating allows you to relax in front of the stone fireplace at the end of the room and watch your favourite movie on television (DVD player provided).
- Twin bedroom which also affords river views with two single beds.
- Shower room/cloakroom.
- Two double bedrooms each with four poster bed, river views, television and clothes storage.
- Twin bedroom with Victorian fireplace (not in use), wardrobe and the original stone mullion windows.
- Family bathroom with wash basin, WC and shower over bath.
Outside: There is a walled courtyard garden (which has an outside wash room for outdoor gear), detached garage (which can also be used to store bikes), and off-road parking for two more cars.
Additional information: One well behaved dog is accepted at an additional cost of £30 per pet, per week (please enquire with the owner if you wish to bring more). BT Broadband available and included in the price along with heating, electricity, bed linen and towels. Short breaks available - please enquire with the owner.
Low Season from £925
Mid Season from £1200
High Season from £1575
Peak Season £1700
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Friday
Cheque, Credit Card
Sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms (2 doubles, 2 twins)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Prestige Holiday Cottages (Rachael), click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Fairlie joined Independent Cottages in July 2006
Owner's Other Properties
Please contact us for short break availability and prices, generally onl
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 8th June 2017