Warth Barn - Ingleton, North Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 10
Warth Barn is an outstanding barn conversion which is located close to the lovely village of Ingleton. It has been converted to a very high standard and has obtained a VisitBritain five star rating. The barn is the centre of a row of three houses which are all surrounded by open rolling countryside and lovely views. It boasts first class holiday accommodation for up to ten guests over four floors and has retained lovely original features which have been enhanced by oak flooring, oak lintels, underfloor heating and double glazing.
Nestling beneath Ingleborough, one of the famous 'Three Peaks', the village of Ingleton offers a good range of shops including a butcher, newsagent, grocer, gift shops, chemist and outdoor shops as well as numerous places to eat and pubs. There is also a climbing wall and outdoor swimming pool for the more adventurous!
The pretty village centre has narrow , winding streets, centered on a small market square. The villages well known White Scar Caves (one mile outside the village) are open to the public and have a dazzling display of stalagmites and stalactites, caverns and a huge underground lake. The superb circular waterfall walk takes in some impressive water cascades and the Dales countryside offers numerous walks and cycle routes, with the famous Three Peaks of Ingleborough, Penyghent and Whernside just a stones throw away.
If you are looking for more gentle relaxation, the Settle to Carlisle railway offers a journey through some of the most spectacular scenery this country has to offer. Alternatively, if you enjoy golf, there are several nine and eighteen hole courses within a fifteen mile radius and the local Bentham eighteen hole course is just two miles away.
Warth Barn provides an excellent location from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales and is within easy reach of the Lake District, the West Coast and the Trough of Bowland.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Golf Nearby
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Kingsize Bed
Warth Barn Continued
- Spacious sitting/dining room with a stone fireplace housing a wood burner, comfy leather seating, television, DVD/CD player and patio doors that take you out to the paved terrace area where you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine whilst soaking up the incredible views as the sun sets - the perfect way to end the day!
- Fully fitted well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, American fridge/freezer, range style cooker that has an electric oven and gas hob, microwave and a good range of utensils etc.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and storage space for the iron, BBQ etc.
- Three first floor bedrooms: The first is a spacious king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room; the second is a double bedroom with a shower cubicle within and the third bedroom is a twin with two single beds.
- Family bathroom with freestanding bath (including hand held shower mixer), modern bowl style wash basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- A spacious attic room is located on the second floor with exposed beams, Velux and four single beds sleeping four, along with television and en-suite shower room - the children will love sleeping together in this room!
Additional information: Central heating throughout included in the price, along with electricity, gas, bed linen and towels. High chair and cot available. There is a car park for off-road parking and a paddock which is enclosed and an ideal place for the children to let off steam and play. Secure bike storage available. No smoking and sorry but no pets. Christmas and New year prices are £1500 per week.
Low Season from £490
Mid Season from £680
High Season from £850
Peak Season £1100
Star Rating: 5 Star
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 10 people in 4 bedrooms (2 Doubles, 1 Twin, 1 family rm with 4 beds)
Group booking details:
All male groups: Please enquire with owner
All female groups: Please enquire with owner
Catering Available: No
Owner: Shula Cockett, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Warth Barn joined Independent Cottages in Aug 2008
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 20th April 2017