Hillcrest - Low Row, Nr Richmond, North Yorkshire, The Yorkshire Dales, England - Sleeps 5
Hillcrest Cottage sleeps up to five guests in three bedrooms (plus two bathrooms!) and stands in an elevated position on the outskirts of the tranquil Dales village of Low Row in Upper Swaledale. Affording spectacular views of the pastureland and high fell, criss crossed by dry stone walls, the cottage sits in an enviable position and provides a perfect base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales.
Whilst in a peaceful setting, there is an award winning gastro pub (The Punchbowl) within a five minute stroll of the cottage serving excellent food. It is also the stopping point on a Friday night for many of the locals who gather for an early glass whilst waiting for the mobile fish and chip van. Formally a lead mining community, Low Row is an excellent base for those who enjoy walking and cycling. Cyclists can test their stamina and follow the Tour de France 2014 route which passes the cottage and walkers have an excellent selection of walks from a sedate stroll to more strenuous hikes over the hills and dales.
The historic village of Reeth is just three miles from the cottage and offers a good selection of interesting local shops, pubs, tearooms and galleries where you can buy bread, papers, pastries or an ice-cream from The Parlour to savour on the village green. Reeth is also home to Hudson House which acts as a National Park Centre and a Tourist Information Centre, along with the Swaledale Museum where you can learn all about the Dales and local life.
Whatever direction you travel in, you are spoilt for choice with a great selection of attractions and spectacular scenery along the way. To the west you have the charming villages of Keld and Muker or travel east to Reeth. Arkengarthdale sits to the north and the journey there takes you through the 'water splash' which was made famous by James Herriot in All Creatures Great and Small. Wensleydale sits to the south and travel beyond to Hawes.
Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or want to discover the many magical sights and attractions of the Dales, this in one of the most beautiful unspoilt dales that Yorkshire has to offer.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Kingsize Bed
Hillcrest offers light and airy accommodation with plenty of space for five guests.
- Pretty double bedroom with free standing wardrobe, attractive iron bed and garden views with the hills beyond.
- Cosy welcoming dining/sitting room with extending table and four chairs plus an additional carver chair which can be used around the table, and a rocker in front of the wood burner. There is also an attractive dresser which adds to the charm, television and a DVD player. Two stairs take you up to...
- Galley kitchen well equipped with dishwasher, electric range style cooker with extractor over, fridge/freezer, two stools and plenty of cupboards stocked with everything needed for self-catering.
- Shower room with WC and hand basin, as well as a utility area and door taking you outside to the back of the property.
- Main sitting room which enjoys magnificent views of the dales due to its elevated position. There is comfy seating set around the wood burner and flatscreen television - just relax at the end of the day in front of the flickering flames!
- Pretty Master king-size bedroom with plenty of clothes hanging in the fitted wardrobes. Wake up to gorgeous views over the dales.
- Third bedroom with single bed.
- Bathroom with WC and wash basin.
Outside: Guests have a pretty garden with glorious views, colourful borders and a patio area for sitting out when the sun shines. There is space to park a vehicle outside Hillcrest as well as as on-road parking on the common a short walk away. Surrounded by common land where you will see sheep peacefully graze, the setting is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Accessibility: Whilst Hillcrest is unsuitable for wheelchair users, it is suitable for those with limited mobility having a double bedroom, sitting/dining room and shower room on the ground floor. There are two steps to navigate between the dining room and kitchen which then leads to the shower room. There are also an additional two steps from the shower/utility area to the back entrance.
Low Season from £400
Mid Season from £500
High Season from £575
Peak Season £650
Pets: Yes, 1 dog
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 5 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Single)
Owner: Glenda Calvert, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Hillcrest joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2013
Short breaks of 3, 4 & 5 nights available from October 7th. For details contact me directly on 01748 886845.
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 25th September 2017
Approximate Location of Hillcrest
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book