Wixey - Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds, England - Sleeps 6
Wixey House sleeps up to six guests in three bedrooms and is a delightful Georgian style Grade II listed property providing self-catering accommodation that is split across three levels. Ideally placed off the high street, in a residential area, Wexey House is only a five minute stroll from Chipping Campden's High Street where you will find an great selection of shops, restaurants and pubs.
Dating back some two hundred and fifty years with its history including being a bakery, Wexey House has a grass verge in front of it with an old water pump adding to the charm of the position. Over recent years it has been restored to a high standard and provides well presented self-catering accommodation that is well suited for families and friends who want to explore this popular part of the Cotswolds.
Chipping Campden is one of the finest medieval towns to be found in the Cotswolds and sits amongst rolling countryside within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Its high street is adorned with impressive honey coloured properties housing a superb selection of eating establishments and interesting shops to browse.
The local area and countryside provides excellent opportunities for walkers and cyclists alike with miles of footpaths to explore and pretty roads allowing you to explore the quintessentially English villages with plenty of fantastic pubs to stop at along the way.
Possibly one of the most photographed towns in the Cotswolds, Chipping Campden is within easy driving distance of Broadway, the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton in Marsh to name just a few. It is also an ideal central base from which to explore the wider area with a multitude of attractions including Cheltenham, Blenheim Palace in Woodstock, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon (the birthplace of Shakespeare), Warwick Castle and even the Roman City of Bath - all providing great days out. There are ancient towns full of history and spectacular architecture and quintessentially English villages just waiting to be explored.
With a host of excellent amenities on the doorstep and a great selection of attractions within easy reach, Wixey House is an ideal retreat at any time of the year, whether you want to arrive by car or leave it at home.
- Internet Access
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- iPod Docking
- Golf Nearby
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- CD Player
- Horse Riding Nearby
- Accessible via Public Transport
- Entrance hall.
- Welcoming sitting/dining room providing a nice place to eat and relax with comfy seating, bookcase with good selection of books, flat screen television, DVD player, iPod docking and attractive gas fire providing a cosy environment at the flick of a switch. An oak table provides seating for six guests.
- Well equipped fitted kitchen with painted units, wooden worktops, flag floor, Rangemaster cooker (with gas hob and electric ovens), dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge and freezer. Exposed stone walls add to the charm of this room.
- Dual aspect super-king size room with a bed that can be arranged as two singles providing flexible sleeping. Plenty of storage is available in the wardrobe, drawers and bedside cupboards and there is a Freeview television.
- There is also a king-size bedroom on the first floor with oak bed and matching oak furniture, along with a Freeview television.
- Family bathroom with roll-top bath, WC and wash basin.
- Light and sunny master bedroom with impressive hand crafted super-king size bed and matching furniture providing plenty of clothes storage. A leather armchair and television add to the luxurious feel of this room, along with an en-suite cloakroom with wash basin and WC.
- There is also a fabulous bathroom on the second floor with roll-top bath (including hand-held shower attachment), separate shower cubicle and WC.
Outside: There is a pretty enclosed courtyard with tubs, roses, shrubs etc, where you can sit on the wooden decking area and enjoy a glass of wine or BBQ. Parking is available either in the street adjacent to the property or in the lay-by outside (no charge or time restrictions).
Additional information: Short breaks available all year round. Linen and towels provided. Strictly no smoking. Tea, coffee, milk, and a tasty cake await your arrival. Welcome hampers, champagne and flowers are available by arrangement. Horse riding, wine tasting, golf, clay pigeon shooting, historical tours, beauty therapy/treatments and a personal trainer can be arranged. No smoking and unfortunately no pets. High chair and cot available.
Low Season from £695
Mid Season from £775
High Season from £895
Peak Season £1045
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Flexible
Paypal, Cheque, Credit Card, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 Super-king; 1 Super-king/Twin & 1 King)
Owner: Andy & Sarah Smith, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
Wixey joined Independent Cottages in April 2015
Owner's Other Properties
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 15th August 2017