The Retreat - Treskilling, Luxulyan, Nr Bodmin, Cornwall, England - Sleeps 6
The Retreat affords a detached position within the grounds of the owners' home and is a self-contained holiday rental sitting in a peaceful position in the small hamlet of Treskilling in Cornwall.
Sleeping up to six guests in three bedrooms, The Retreat is available all year round and is conveniently placed just five miles from the beautiful south coast of Cornwall, and also within easy reach of the dramatic north coast (thirteen miles) with its fantastic sandy surfing beaches.
The tranquil rural setting of The Retreat will appeal to those who enjoy walking and cycling with beautiful countryside to explore. It also makes an ideal base from which to explore the many attractions of this beautiful part of Cornwall which include:
- The Luxulyan Valley - a beautiful wooded valley, designated a world heritage site providing a peaceful place to walk with the dogs and children.
- Clay Trails - a network of trails suitable for cycling, walking or horse-riding that criss-cross the old china clay works and meander their way alongside lakes and through wooded areas.
- The world famous Eden Project - famous and a must for any visitor to Cornwall. A fascinating horticultural and environmental experience just two miles from The Retreat which can be reached by car, foot or bike.
- The picturesque Lost Gardens of Heligan - delightful gardens just twenty five minutes away by car. Two hundred acres of gardens which include a lush subtropical jungle valley, Victorian kitchen garden and wildlife projects.
- Charlestown - just ten minutes away, this historic Georgian harbour with a shipwreck museum provides plenty of eating establishments where you can relax and watch the world go by.
- Fowey - a picturesque vibrant harbour town with narrow streets lined with shops, galleries, pubs and restaurants, Fowey is a fun place to visit where you can take a boat trip up the Fowey River to explore the bird life or the ferry over to Polruan. For the energetic, there are fantastic cliff walks from Fowey where you can take in spectacular sea views.
- Mevagissey - a traditional Cornish working fishing village with its harbour and narrow streets. From here you can take the Mevagissey Ferry to Fowey.
- Beaches - Too many to mention but a fantastic selection from sheltered sandy coves to long stretches of sandy beaches ideal for surfing and body boarding.
Whether you enjoy walking, cycling, riding, fishing, golf or going to the beach, everything is within easy reach of The Retreat and it is an ideal place from which to explore Cornwall's many delights.
- Internet Access
- Log Burner
- Pub/Restaurant Nearby
- Garden/Outside Area
- Bike Storage
- Off-Road Parking
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Kingsize Bed
The Retreat Continued
The Retreat accommodates six guests with single storey accommodation comprising:
- Living /dining area, generous in size with comfy seating, television, DVD player and a log burner for those chillier nights! There is also a dining table with six chairs.
- Conservatory with wicker chairs where you can sit and soak up the glorious countryside views.
- Bedroom one with king size iron bed with chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- Bedroom two with two single beds and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom three with a standard size double bed, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe.
- Well equipped kitchen with an electric cooker and hob above, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer. A washing machine and small tumble dryer can be found in an adjacent outbuilding.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and hand basin.
- Shower room with walk-in shower, WC and hand basin.
Outside: The garden is mainly lawn with a gravelled area, where you can enjoy lovely open views across the valley. There is parking for three cars adjacent to the garden.
Additional information: Electric storage heating throughout (except the bathrooms), along with convector heaters for times when you want instant heat. The Bathroom has a fan heater on the wall and there is a heated towel rail in the second bathroom. Prices include bed linen, towels (not beach towels), initial supply of logs/coal and low rate electricity (for night storage heaters and immersion). Daytime electricity charged by meter reading. Last minute short breaks may be available if The Retreat is still available one week before arrival. There may be a reduction for under occupancy - please enquire with the owner. Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome at no extra cost.
Low Season from £325
Mid Season from £435
High Season from £495
Peak Season £750
Pets: Yes, 2 dogs allowed
Changeover Day: Saturday
Cheque, Bank Transfer
Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms (1 King, 1 Double, 1 Twin)
Owner: Alison Burgan, click Contact Details for owner´s phone number and email address.
The Retreat joined Independent Cottages in Dec 2011
**SPECIAL OFFER** 10% discount for two guests during June on the advertised prices. Last week available - w/c 24th June £495
Last Minute / Late Availability Offers
Scroll calendar below or click to view 12 month availability calendar
Calendar last updated: 21st June 2017
Approximate Location of The Retreat
Comments From The Guest Book
Click on a thumbnail image below to read pages from the Guest Book